girlfriend 21 of 2 years dumped me 21 for an older guy because he’s more “stable” whatever, don’t understand what that’s supposed to mean and I’m so upset help?

We are both in university and met at university and the relationship was going great she said she was so happy with me and I’ll admit I’m on a tight budget so I will admit that I could be cheap at times but a lot of my female friends who I know in university that I talk to told me that money doesn’t matter and status doesn’t matter when it comes to relationships which reassured me that it was okay, but now apparently my girlfriend met a guy who’s 26 or 27 and apparently he's already graduated college and from what I hear has a great job etc etc you get it and my girlfriend out of nowhere Just dumped me for this guy I don’t get it, everything we’ve been through together for 2 years our relationship gone just like that and she drops me like that, can I win her back is there anything I can do this isn’t the first time this has happened to me either in high school when I was a sophomore my girlfriend dumped me for a guy after he started driving her around, I didn’t have a car and senior year my girlfriend dumped me for a college guy because she said I wasn’t as mature which was bull, I just don’t get it in all my relationships I thought things were going well and just like that I was dumped, my current girlfriend is showing no remorse no nothing even after saying she loved me and all of this stuff I don’t get it, it’s like the minute something better comes along she jumped on it, maybe I just don’t get women, but is there anyway I can win her back and how can she just move on so fast?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Regarding the "income/status don't matter" part that's not entirely true, some women may follow that mindset but a lot of them have that mindset for reasons of settling down, if a partner cannot provide a stable income and a place of safety then you WILL lose points in their book. Another reason for that is maybe because you guys have different goals in life, I mean have guys talked about what you expect from one another? And my suggestion to you is to try focusing making something for yourself and leave finding someone to fate, focusing your energy towards relationships will only garner annoyance and endless worries in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• So sorry to hear that. In my opinion your ex girlfriend sounds like she really only cares about having mature stable guys. And the fact that u said she moved on so quickly. This shows she doesn’t care about ur feelings. Don’t be wasting ur time on how to get her back because she won’t pay attention cause she’s blind right now. Maybe later on she’ll realize that what she had was amazing and will come back to u. In the meantime u should focus on school and strive to becoming what u want to be. It’s hard to be a student and deal with relationships at the same time. Been through that and still am.