Move on and keep being her friend or keep pursuing her?

I went on a few dates with a girl and we really hit it off. She had just left an extemely committed relationship and told me she wanted me to be her friend. I took that as "okay you don't like me, move on". Her best friend told me that this was not true and she wanted to focus on getting into her specific career and finish college. She didn't want to commit to anything right now. She will text me occasionally and send me interesting things to read, etc. Should I stick with just being friends or pursue her more?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, just pursue being her friend...

If you actually cared about her, you'd respect her decision of just wanting to be friends. It would be selfish to think of immediately bailing on her because she told you that she just wants friendship.

No matter what her damn friend says, you gotta respect boundaries of the girl who said, "she wanted me to be her friend". And her friend is playing some fucking games by saying that shit behind her own friends back. She's playing some favorable softy shit talk with you. I wouldn't trust it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Be patient pal, let her get her feet back on the ground, let her settle, forget nasty memories, and perhaps then you could show her what a true partner should like

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• if she wants to focus on her education more then let her, she's made it clear and if you pursue her, it may just cause her to pull away more and by then you may not even be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Stick with her as a friend while she finishes college. Afterwards if both of you want something more that's good. If you meet someone else during this time don't feel like you have to say no and wait until your friend is ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk to more women who want a relationship. I'd ignor her because I'm not a friendly type of guy...

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean if you like her a lot then i think you should stick with being friends until she wants to date?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes