Is 31 and 18 too much of an age gap?

My male friend (who’s 18) is getting hit on by a 31 year old woman. He’s already falling for her and he doesn’t know what she fucking looks like! (They met online). I have LOTS of doubts about her, and she also thought I was competition and that I liked him (which isn’t true).

I’ve been very skeptical and expressed this suspicion to him, but he keeps defending her. What the fuck.
Lol 18 is what I meant I don't know why that emoji appeared there

1018

Most Helpful Guy

• The online thing is a concern, the fact that they have never met. He needs to be careful.
    The age thing is ok. I mean at the end of the day we are all just flesh and blood and life is so short that you just need to do what makes you happy in this regard.
    You don't know what is going on in his head. I know it sounds unusual but he may be craving a strong female role model or someone who is a bit of a protector in a sense. Also, the more you question him the more you will push him towards her. If you want to help then just keep an eye on things from a distance and only intervene when something dangerous is happening.

• I’ll follow this advice, thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• He may be your close friend, but there is nothing more that you can do.

You've already provided your concerns and opinions. All you can do, is be there to support him and be someone he can continue to talk to about this stuff so you can ensure safety. This lady does seem to have concerning behavior if she is acting like a jealous teen... BUT all you can do is ask him to be safe and make sure he knows all the safety numbers, date rape drugs, etc.

• Yes, thank you.

• I understand those concerns, good luck darlin!