My girlfriend wears ugly dresses, should I say something or keep my mouth shut?

I'm hesitating because she obviously loves her dresses and the style, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you can tell her, is just a matter of telling her with the right words. You see most people don’t take it nice when other just criticize (usually they take it personal/hurt their feelings). So instead give a constructive opinion and suggestion. So if you will tell her, make sure you have good reasons to support your opinion and have really good and attractive suggestions for her. For example, you can tell her: “you know you’re very beautiful but I think your dresses hide your beauty. I think a dress like this/like that will match your personality and your beauty a little bit more and makes you look more classy...” and so on...

So let me ask you dear, what is wrong with her dresses according to you? Why are they ugly?

0|0
    0|0
    • The designs

• Ok do you think the designs don’t fit her body? Personality? Do they look cheap? What is it?

• Don't fit her personality

Most Helpful Guy

• If you mean they don’t quite fit her right, suggest she get them tailored. If you mean you just don’t like the style it’s better to wait till she wears something you like & heap on the praise. Or ask her to wear a style you like but don’t act like she needs to do it all the time.

Some dresses only look right if the proper under garments are worn for that dress too so that could be her issue. But better to ask innocent questions than to try and force anything.

Personally I can talk about this kind of stuff with SO without issues because she is 1,000% sure that I love her & like how she looks

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you don't like how she dresses, why continue dating her then? Especially if you KNEW how she dressed. You don't have to say anything. Or you can say something. The choice is yours. It's your relationship. Figure it out. There is no point in pretending or lying. It's going to hurt her feelings either way and hurt her more if she finds out on her own that you've been lying. Just be honest with discretion.

0|0
    1|0
    • Why continue dating her? Well, I'd like to think fashion isn't the end all be all in a relationship.

• Show All
    • I'm not saying I can't stomach it, I'm just saying my personal opinion.

• Then keep it to yourself if it's not relevant to the relationship. Why hash over spilled milk?

• Buy one for her and surprise her with it. ... A whole outfit as you'd like to see her dress... shoes, stockings, whatever... Then take her to a nice dinner or night out in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the best thing would be to casually suggest dresses that you like and say that you think that she'd look good in them. You don't need to mention that you don't like the ones she already has, but if you suggest things you like then she might also like them. Bam, a win-win

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't, I'd worry she'd break up with me or get upset about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm leaning more towards that, they won't matter in the bedroom anyway.

• Is it normal for girls to use chainsaws, pull down wires, pull down tree branches, and chop wood?

• Yeah, sure

• Take her shopping and let her try on something different and be really excited? Maybe she'll understand on her own if not just rip the bandage and just tell her

1|0
    0|0
  • Buy her stuff or hint to her stuff that you also like and compliment her like crazy. If she doesn't adapt, find a hybrid between your two styles and attract her to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find something she looks good in. And complimented her on it. Maybe take her shopping and have her pick out clothes. Then casually find something you like and ask her to try it on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't go right out and say that you don't like it. I don't think you should keep it a secret either. Try to hint that you aren't a fan of them subtly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe throw in a humorous comment, not enough to make her upset but just enough to make her put the pieces together herself

0|0
    0|0
  • You have every right to voice your displeasure, but you have to be respectable about it, and respect her answer about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she loves it let her keep wearing it I'm sure she doesn't love everything you wear

1|0
    1|1
  • You should share with her and suggest few things without getting too intrusive

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep your mouth shut. Unless they're really inappropriate or she looks horrible in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • .. she's been wearing ugly dresses this whole time and it never bothered you?
    so why now?

O_o?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's only been a few months and she only started wearing dresses more recently.

• Show All
    • @ZELLxoxo Who?

• Not you asker. I meant QCPress

• What do you mean ugly dresses? can you post an example?

0|0
    0|0
  • You can ask her to change her dressing and try something new

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her!

1|1
    0|0
  • Say something

2|0
    0|0
  • Keep your mouth shut.

0|0
    1|1
  • Keep your mouth shut

0|0
    1|0
  • Hmm, if she asks you tell her the truth, but to just bring it up without her asking I don't know if it's necessary but if it bothers you, you should tell her.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'r sweet little ass better love your girl and learn to love all her special creative styles. lolol

BUT your opinion does matter to her sooooo in order to not avoid your feelings... I have a solution for you, hun:
    Go buy her a dress that you like and that you want to see her in then in a note write, "baby, I love you and your style but I just really want to see you in more stuff like this"

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes