Are you single because you keep getting rejected, or because you never ask people out, or something else?

Speaking to the single people, obviously. Why are you single?
Updates:
I’m single because I’m somewhat reclusive and a bit chubby. Just curious what everyone else’s reasons are.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I work as security in clubs and pubs. Most of the people I meet are around half my age. I don't operate on the same timezone as normal people, don't meet people my age, and women my age don't really have an interest in someone who works in what is considered a potentially dangerous late night job.

2|0
    0|0
    • Being chubby has nothing to do with it, lot's of guys like chubby girls. Everyone is attracted to confidence. Love who you are, or do something to change the things you don't like.
      You can change chubby with a good diet and exercise and good sleep patterns, but if you're skinny and still don't love yourself, you'll still end up single!

Most Helpful Girl

• haven't found the right person and i don't waste my time with someone if i know it's not going anywhere. i'm pretty bold and will approach men and men approach me. i just don't have a person who's right for me right now (or for the future).

1|0
    0|0
    • in response to your update - girl, don't think that being chubby makes you stay single! there's nothing wrong w being chubby! :) i really think the actual true reason that anyone is single at a given time is just that they haven't found the right person - timing, personalities, chemistry, all that stuff. things have to line up pretty fucking perfectly for a relationship to happen.

• Thanks girl!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Combination of everything. I'm a guy of large stature so I already get avoided in public, if i ask it generally ends in rejection, once in a relationship I've been manipulated and underappreciated. I am starting to find myself happier alone, though I still do hope to find someone, but until that day, I can at least say I am happy with who I am and if you don't like me than leave me alone, I don't care anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never meet people anymore, and I feel awkward about approaching random people in public. And it feels like no one is attracted to me anymore. I've been in a rut like this before, but this time there is no end in sight.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm single because I don't ask them for out and also being afraid to get rejected and I have no experience with this maybe because of my life too because I lived a bad life no mother a shit situation💔😢

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I'm hella unattractive and I always look upset ^o^ plus, I'm sorta reserved/quiet around people unless I know them.

0|1
    0|0
  • 🙄I'm kinda that person that's unapproachable.. like guys stare at me all the time but I'm too scared to go up and talk to them just in case I get rejected before I even say anything about it😴

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too young... is that a reasonable reason?

Still in high school, no experience in many areas. I think this is self-explanatory.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me before was both. I had low self esteem before and would avoid girls i liked. And if i did try i was too nervous and that made them not like me. So that would make me not try more. Since sorting that out i haven't been rejected yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was single by choice for 2 years. Now I'm single because everytime I start talking to a girl and things seem to be going somewhere, they either disappear for no reason, or lead me on

0|0
    0|0
  • High school senior and I'm gonna move this summer so creating a relationship isn't the best thing to do maybe in college.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm always rejected by the one I love, but we always still friend after it...
    I'm always friendzone (but it's probably because I am really ugly)

1|0
    0|0
  • I have avoidant personality disorder, I have trouble getting to know literally anyone in real life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have the time or money to date. I will wait for love to find me instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • By my choice , i am still didn't find the woman that i would be with her for rest of my life, and i like to date milfs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too afraid to ask out or asking out to people who are just not at par to your liking

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because I'm so timid when it comes to asking girls out

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it difficult to start a conversation due to the fact of the feeling of being rejected.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never brave enough to ask a girl out. Also, too afraid of being rejected HARD.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont ask others out 🤷🏻‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want a relationship right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get rejected

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't ask people out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not single, I'm album

0|0
    0|0
  • I never ask someone out

0|0
    0|0
  • Uhh yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I don’t have time

0|0
    0|0
  • Never asked people out

0|0
    0|0
  • It's none of your business, why do you care?

0|0
    1|1
  • Don’t know if they are single to ask out, the ones I like are taken so I try online and no one is interested in me

0|0
    0|0
  • Just shy and don't ask them out

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes