I'm always nervous around his parents. What should I do?

My boyfriend introduced me to his parents when we were only dating for a month. They were super friendly and nice to me, even though there's a bit of a language/ culture barrier (we are of different races).
I always end up feeling a bit self-conscious about it, because I know that they have also met a few of his exes before who all share the same culture and language as them. In fact, I found that his mom is still facebook friends with one of his exes who is in my opinion prettier than me and more successful than me, and she sometimes comments on her photos as well.
I met them a few more times afterwards, usually briefly when I come visit him while he's sick or when I come pick him up to go to school together. I always feel extremely nervous around his parents, and the exchange would end up being a bit awkward. I really want them to like me as much as they love his ex. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean as long as the feelings between you two are good there isn't anything to worry about that person picked you so therefore you are better than any of the other exes. But if the problem still arises of being nervous around said old people than it requires that you assert your dominance at once!!! In whatever way you choose but I've heard that masturbating right before seeing them and not washing your hand and then eventually shaking both there hands as your moist smelly hand grasps there's in a kung-fu death grip gentle but firm all the while looking them sternly yet caring in the eyes. This is an extreme measure but certain actions sometimes muat be taken for the greater good!!!

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been going out with my boyfriend for 6 years and his mom still talks to his ex. It doesn't bother me, they just had a tight "girlfriend" bond when I'm more "introverted" and all I say is "hi & bi" and small talk whenever I have to.
    They like you as long as they see their son happy. That's for sure - and that they see you're a positive person in his life. They don't want any "mischievous" females ruining his life in anyway.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• She’s an ex for a reason! Don’t worry. If you are a nice person who wants to get along with his parents, that will come across in your words and actions regardless of how well you can speak their language.

To impress them, you could try learning a little more of their language. That would definitely make a good impression.

1|1
    0|0
  • Stop putting so much pressure on your yourself to compare to someone who isn't in the picture anymore and don't try and be more like them or the ex to feel more relatable.

1|1
    0|0
  • You dont have to compare yourself with anyone else.
    She maybe is prettier but she is an ex, right?
    Language is not a barrier by my thinking. And a relationship needs to prove itself, to be strong and to overcome such small barrier.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be you. Don't play up to some other girl. You got it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck my daughter in law

0|0
    1|0
  • My mum is still friends with two of my exes, it's really awkward for me to be honest. Although she really likes my wife too so I wouldn't worry too much.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes