Relating to yesterday's question, what are the dos and don'ts of a dating app bio?

Relating to yesterday's question, what are the dos and don'ts of a dating app bio?
Updates:
Here's my current bio
It's originally in Finnish since I'm from Finland and flows a bit better in it, but it roughly translates to:
Gym freak, music lover, avid consumer of all media and an engineering student. I'm from all over Finland, from multiple cities.

I love to write on my free time mostly for my own enjoyment and peace of mind..

(It's originally in Finnish since I'm from Finland)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I'm (insert name here) and I'm looking for a fun-loving girl who is up for a spontaneous wild adventure but is also okay with curling up with a good book from time to time. Im hoping to find someone to go to the gym with or maybe discover the next big band at a local coffee shop with. I'm a peaceful, loyal, energetic, fun-loving guy. What do you have to lose?

⬆️ Just kind of what I would write if I were you. I did it in a few minutes so sorry it seems a bit rushed. Plus I don't really know you.

3|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• When I was on tinder, I liked it when guys added in their bio that they are looking for something serious. And not in a cheesy way like "I'm looking for the oreo to my glass of milk" or whatever dumb shit one might come up with, just straight up "I'm looking for something serious". Helped me out a ton in my process of weeding out potential fuckboys. Fuckboys always add something vague to their bio like "let's see where things take us" or "I'm looking to meet new people to chill with". So if you're not a fuckboy, don't be vague.
    I'm kinda with @Astoriana on the gym freak thing, it's hard to not generalize and think you're at the gym 24/7 if you specifically feel the need to mention that you work out. I'd prefer for guys to be a bit more specific, and say what sports they play or what they enjoy doing at the gym (running/biking/swimming/lifting etc). But like, keep it shallow, I don't need to know what your favorite protein bar is or how much you lift.
    Just keep it simple, have a wide variety of pictures up that are high quality, not over filtered and preferably with you smiling or doing some sort of activity. The bio is just the cherry on top if it's to the point and descriptive.

2|2
    0|0
    • Yeah.. I started writing it again. Would "no 1 night stands" be enough? Trying to conserve characters.. xD

• Show All
    • Yeah I think I can scrounge up the characters, tattista! :)

• Eipä kestä :D

• I think you should also include whether you own a vehicle, or if you are a public transportation user. If you have a job and if you live by yourself, with roommates, or with your mom (please don't let it be the last one). Also, list what it is your looking for. Be picky. If you want a woman that will be active with you, you need to say that. If you want someone who doesn't work a lot, or who loves dogs, or who likes to spend holidays at the beach instead of with family.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wouldn't pointing out the fact you don't own a vehicle, turn away most people, without them giving you a chance? I mean I don't think any girl will be excited at the fact a guy doesn't drive...

• Show All
    • I'm not expecting them to hop on the back of it. If they want a free ride somewhere they can get their own car, and license.

I'm all for providing for the people I care about, but only if they're willing to provide for themselves.

What you are saying, is that women will more than likely choose a guy so she can leech off him for his possessions.

Also on this particular topic distance has nothing to do with it. Women don't look at what house you're living in, it could say the name of the county, and that's it. So how on earth can a girl tell if you're 15miles away from anything?

• Please don't give stupid excuses to explain the shallow mindedness of girls choosing a partner based on whether or not he has a car.

That is literally like me saying I'm turning down any woman who doesn't have breast implants, so I advise women to put that on their bio. Would you put it on your bio? Knowing I don't give a damn about your personality and what you've achieved in life, and judge you based on whether or not you have implants?

• The most important thing to remember: NO RESTROOM SELFIES!!! That's the very worst as far as I'm concerned

0|6
    0|0
  • The point is to actually make yourself seem interesting so don’t say stuff like “I’m actually really boring. Don’t know what to say. Ask if you want to know!”

1|2
    0|1
    • Gym freak is usually a turn off for me.

• Show All
    • Ahh okay, that makes sense. I'll think about wording, thanks!

• Maybe just steer clear of the word "freak" in general lol

• I was going to show you my boyfriend’s profile on match because his was really good but his account is gone! 😍😊😍😊😍😊😍 Now I can't think to help you lol I’ll try to remember what he said and come back to you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on who you want to attract. in my opinion more specific is better. Tell more of your personality -- what is a perfect day for you? Presumably you don't like all music and film equally. What kind of engineering?

0|1
    0|0
  • do
    -add a picture face forward of you smiling
    -add more than 2 pictures, one being full body
    -be truthful

don't
    -add a tacky mirror selfie, shirtless, or non smiling picture
    -lie

0|2
    0|0
  • I think a bio should contain exactly what you would want to know about someone. So for me, it would need to contain height, where they were raised, hobbies, what they expect from this app, what they would like to do with someone on a date...

0|1
    1|0
  • I couldn't read your bio. when you should screenshot your bio for us to critique

0|1
    0|0
    • What do you think about the bio?

• Show All
    • Character limits are a bitch.. but this is bio 2.0:
      I spend my free time on various activities.. gym, walking/hiking, organization work, live music, social evenings.. but I also really enjoy quiet evenings home.

A perfect Sunday is a home cooked meal (I love cooking :P), curling up in a million pillows and blankets and Netflix.

I'm currently studying biomedical engineering for my master's. I'm from all over the place, from Turku among others, though I also have Finnish citizenship ;)

• The last on is a joke here in Finland. Turku is sort of a city that's a butt of all jokes and sometimes joked as being another country..

• One thing I find annoying is when someone says they are an "extroverted introvert". It just seems like they are desperately trying to appeal to both groups.

0|1
    0|0
  • -Engineering student ✔
    -Music lover✔
    -Writing in free time✔
    -Gym freak❌
    -Avid consumer of all media❌
    -From all over Finland ❌

0|2
    1|0
  • Do: not care what others think of you
    Don't: give any fucks
    Do: write whatever you want, esspecially for your own enjoyment.
    Don't: write what you are told people want to read. Pandering is a sure sign you're a thoughtless bott, Aug wiedersehen player.
    Do: post any picture you want and like to express yourself.
    Don't: post pictures showing off or with intentions to impress.
    Do: be real and true to yourself
    Don't: be another fake cookie cutter person
    Do: love your haters, they bring you power
    Don't: stoop to their level, they beat you with experience.

1|2
    0|0
  • Don't be shallow.
    Do be a little witty AND truthful.

0|1
    0|0
  • MAKE IT FUNNY. my boyfriends bio was hilarious and the only reason i swiped right, his pictures were shit but luckily he is cute

0|2
    0|0
  • Unless your height is listed elsewhere, and unless you are short, it needs to have your height in it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dos: you get to explore yourself and others can always remember who you are.
    Don'ts: someone might not like your bio because it has some bad stuff or is simply not interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont write your whole life story, something creative and funny a little bit

0|1
    0|0
  • Saying swipe left if you are X or swipe right if you are not X or any such variation.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't use a dating app if you are already in a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do: good grammar
    Don’t: look materialistic

2|3
    0|0
  • Looks good to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't put self employed

1|3
    0|0
  • "All good things start with finnish"

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't drag about your exs

0|1
    0|0
  • Be yourself and don't ever lie !

0|1
    0|0
  • Do not use them if you want a serious relationship

0|1
    0|0
    • There are serious people on dating apps, and lots of silly people. Kind of like real life. The anonymity of online dating does embolden some clueless guys, but smart women learn to ignore them.

• Show All
    • (If not more.)

• Probably more I wouldn't look for a husband in a nightclub

• I only date on FetLife

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it okay

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't use dating apps so I have no clue😬

0|0
    0|1
  • dont have any

0|0
    0|0
  • Rule #1

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Ndnd

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay faithful

0|0
    0|0
  • Then what must I tell you

0|0
    0|0
  • git gud

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls who are like "Don't message me if you're not in a full time job." You straight up know she's a gold digger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Set your best catfish face.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know because I have no success.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes