Online "dating"... Would you try and make plans with her again, if the first time she wasn't sure?

Online "dating"... Would you try and make plans with her again, if the first time she wasn't sure? So. New to the online dating world, and I'm really not looking for anything serious yet, just trying to see how it goes. I met this guy on one of these sites, and we have been talking for about a month. He seems really great and like someone I would be attracted to, and we seem to want the same things (kind of casual hookups, like fwb) just something fun. Being new to this whole thing and hearing all of the horror stories has made me really nervous. So when he suggested we meet I kind of freaked a little. I said that I wanted too, but that I was really nervous. He was very understanding and didn't push it. We continued to talk and get to know eachother, but there is only so much you can talk to someone over text or whatever before they get board right? Did I make a huge mistake not just going for it dispite my nerves? What are the chances he will try again v. s just give up and finding someone "easyer" to deal with.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you did the right thing. I'm very happy for you that you respected yourself. Now, if you do want to meet, you can suggest a very (very :P) public place or you can ask to talk on the phone. Hearing someone's voice can let you know a lot of things. It's good that he didn't push it. He probably is a good guy eh? Haha. Now, about your last concern. If he were to move on just because of this, there's nothing to be sad about, he would have dropped you in the first hiccup anyway.

Most Helpful Guy

• It might help if you think about meeting him for the first time in a very casual, public place. That's a good idea for girls when you're meeting someone from the internet for the first time. It's safer to be in a public place for the first meeting in the event he's completely different from what he presents himself to be online. So if you're concerned he might lose interest, maybe you could propose meeting him for a very casual coffee "date" somewhere.