If you met someone who had all the qualities youve wanted in a mate but lacking in the looks department, would you give them a chance?

If you met someone who had all the qualities youve wanted in a mate but lacking in the looks department,would you give them a chance??
  • If you met someone who had all the qualities youve wanted in a mate but lacking in the looks department,would you give them a chance??Girls-yes its not all about looks
    Vote A
  • If you met someone who had all the qualities youve wanted in a mate but lacking in the looks department,would you give them a chance??Guys-yes i can work with her help her shed a few pounds
    Vote B
  • No , and post why or why not
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a difference between ugly - the picture of the guy, and simply overweight - the picture of the girl. I wouldn’t mind dating a chubby guy, but I wouldn’t date someone who I found unattractive.

2|0
    0|0
    • Exactly that’s the trap on this question, she lets guys have the choice to help her lose weight.

• @navy it's no trap. thats the only choice I came up with since we are usually less inclined to date someone soley on looks. men wouldn't be interested in the big girl period that they couldn't help

Most Helpful Guy

• If I’m into her I will find her attractive. That said I’m not into women who are so lazy that they’re shaped like potatoes. It’s a character defect/mental issues reflected in her looks in many cases.

1|0
    0|0
    • 😂😂😂😂😂😂 potatoes really?😂

• Being curvy does not necessarily mean lazy it cud b a slow matabolism,

• I did not say ‘curvy’. I said shaped like a potato. I also said ‘in many cases’ to allow for exceptions to the cause

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Looks are really not that important- you want to be compatible with your partner, feel appreciated and wanted, and enjoy your time with them. Yes, you can have all that with an attractive person, and attractiveness is a plus, but it is not a necessity.

2|0
    0|0
  • As long i still considered them attractive, they don't have to be amazing looking.. but i'd still have to be able to fancy them, slightly below average/average is fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well that depends on how unattractive. Looks do matter BUT they are definitely not everything. So if it was something that could change then yes I would absolutely be able to give a girl a chance (as long as it wasn't extreme (if she is 500 pounds she is on her own, that's a sign of serious emotional issues). If she is not perfect that's not an issue.

1|0
    0|0
  • what do you mean lack in looks? how bad does she looks. Lets say I wanted this,

photos.laineygossip.com/.../...alia-22jun15-01.jpg

What would she look like?

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not asking for a supermodel, but I need some physical attraction. If that can't happen then the relationship can't happen.

I wish I could just turn on a switch but the human mind doesn't work that way... nature designed us to look attractive for obvious reasons.

1|1
    0|0
  • The problem with this question is that guys have an option to help her lose weight. You’re not giving us girls an option to help the guy improve (if he’s fat, to lose weight). The girl you posted a picture of is pretty but chubby. The guy is ugly whether fit or fat. That’s the huge bias in this question.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t want to sound shallow , but this is someone I’m gonna have to look at for the rest of my life and potentially have children with. They’d have to have one hell of a personality.

2|1
    0|0
    • ye true lol

• Exactly! I mean, if I'm gonna spend a lot of time with you, I should at least be able to stand looking at you. Not saying you have to look like Megan Fox, but at least look the best you can. You owe it to yourself and me, just like I owe it to myself and you to the best I can be (let's face it, a rich guy who's a 4 becomes a 10)

• Most of ther time, Personality Highlights and Delights.
    These Two Though, Don't look as Though they have Any of the Above, love. lolxx

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Also looks isn't about weight, I would much more likely to date the big girl that date a girl that looks like the dude you posted, and I've met girls that look like the girl you posted, and and tbh I couldn't do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a line of kissable / not kissable. It's not an enormously high bar, I'm attracted to quite a variety of looks, but if the women doesn't pass the bar then I'm not interested.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and no.
    I could deal with someone who isn't perfect with his looks but the guy in the picture is maybe a little too ugly? 😅
    I wouldn't really talk to him I think.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess it would depend to what extent I find them unattractive.. Relationship without any physical attraction is pretty much a friendship.

1|0
    0|0
  • uhhhhhhh...
    i do value personality over looks but i'm going to have to look at my mate for everyday of my life so he should have the best personality and treat me like a queen or else!

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't mean to sound shallow but NO. Looks is what we see first and what we see every day. I strive to keep myself in shape for me and my partner so they should too

1|1
    0|0
  • 99% girls are beautiful from the outside but, now that much from the inside.
    If, I get someone as mentioned above, I'll gladly have her.
    It's not like, she'll have moustaches.

1|0
    0|0
  • If first of all she isn't obese, is willing to do sports and eat healthy, then no problem whatsoever. If not then...

And I understand the opposite, if the chick tells me she'd like it more if I had bigger shoulders or some shit, then yeah why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Chemistry is important we need to be drawn to our partners. Its primal instinct. Hence I would not date someone who I am not at least drawn too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I chose the last one cause I've seen some pretty cute heavier set girls lose some weight and look bad as hell so yes i would give her a chance

1|0
    0|0
  • Well doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm being treated well and they are treated well and we both love each other, the boat will flow fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what exactly I didn't find about her attractive physically.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not someone I’d find outright ugly. No girl is a 10 so we tend to give everyone a chance technically.

0|1
    0|0
  • I actually like women to be fat so.. yeah.

But as long as she's not repulsive to look at, I can work with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sexual attraction is pretty important to me but it really depends

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not all about looks , personality is what means the most to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • If I am not attracted to her face, it will never work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want the full package. She does not have to be attractive to everyone as long as she is attractive to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I need both. Otherwise he would just be a friend

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, if I find them totally repulsive then not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. She was my friend's friend. Initally we had a casual talk. But one day, we were left alone. I had the best conversation of my life. Turned out, she was perfect for me. We started meeting more often and getting closer. She was a sweetheart.
    I proposed her, she accepted. My friends used to laugh at me but I just didn't care. I was in relationship with her for 1 year and 8 months. After that her dad had a transfer and she left the city. Her dad's in Army so is mine. After that I never found a girl so good as a result, still single. We both still talk to each other and she recently got a boyfriend. I am not jealous coz she still sends me an "I love you" message every night.

1|0
    0|0
  • If her problem is purely physical, then sure. If it's genetics, then there's not much I can do 🤷‍♂️

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks is what makes one want to meet. Personality is what makes one want to stay.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys-yes i can work with her help her shed a few pounds

1|0
    0|0
  • I will give her a chance inner beauty matters the most

1|0
    0|0
  • no..

1|0
    0|0
  • Not if I find them completely unattractive.

2|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't waste my time

2|0
    0|0
  • No , and post why or why not

0|0
    0|1
  • yepp

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i would

1|0
    0|0
  • Its 1/2 and 1/2, looks and personality

1|0
    0|0
  • No I would not

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd give a chance for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Would you?

1|0
    0|0
  • Shape is no problem important her soul

1|0
    0|0
  • I like a girl who loves me and takes care of me!

1|0
    0|0
  • yes i can work with her help her shed a few pounds

0|0
    0|0
  • More than likely no. That's just how I am built.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there done that. In the end I was lying to myself because even trying to kiss him grossed me out. Its not fair to him either. He needs to be with someone attracted to him.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes