What does it mean if a guy I was talking to gets in a relationship just 2 weeks after I told him I don’t like him?

So I was talking to this guy for about three weeks and he liked me a lot. I thought he really meant it. I told him I wasn’t looking for anything serious so it probably wouldn’t work out. When in reality I was talking to another guy who I thought I liked better. I ended it with Guy 1 not necessarily bc I didn’t want to get serious but because I liked Guy 2 better. Guy 2 has ghosted me now. And Guy 1 just officially got in a relationship with a new girl. I can’t believe it honestly. Like it makes me feel like everything he told me was just something he says to all the girls. Guy 1 called me wife material. Did I miss out on something real with Guy 1? Or was he just searching for any girl who would take him?

Hope this makes sense.

19

Most Helpful Girl

• he is just just looking for a relationship not you. Because some people are really into marriage and stuff and they like you bc you fit into the image of their wife. Also you have every right to reject someone you don't like and go after someone else. And it's totally normal to be rejected. So don't feel bad about yourself. Just mean they are not the right ones for you

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as what any of us here on GaG can know, here's what I think it means: After you rejected him he accepted that and moved on, and was fortunate enough to meet someone else really soon. Since he wasn't right for you, you could at least be happy for him that he seems to have found someone he is right for.