Are movies a good first date?

Do women like movies or would they rather go to dinner or coffee and talk?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s very usual and sometimes what’s memorable is something that’s never been done before. Creativity goes down a long way and maybe dinner or depending on the state you live in a nice walk on a boardwalk or downtown. You set the right scene and she follows but the movies is always the usual.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'd get mugged walking almost anywhere at night in my city. Creativite dates are kinda a distraction on a first date.

• Okay than that’s understandable so a date at the movies would be well loool !

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• For a first date, I prefer to go for a coffee. We can chat and get to know each other. The atmosphere in a coffee shop is more relaxing , and less formal. The silence in the cinema is too awkward for a first date

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course. Because you will find something to talk about but make sure it’s the right movie :)

1|1
    0|0
  • A first date would be a coffee date, then a dinner date and last a movie date. On the first few dates you need to get to know the person well, so going to the movies isn't a good option unless you already know the person well.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you’re not really talking you just sit there and watch a movie

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a good first date. Can’t talk. Mine was a 30 minute car ride and dinner. He picked up and paid. We ended up ordering the same meal lol. We’ve worn the same color a few times too oops

0|0
    0|0
    • Is he your boyfriend? D
      How often do you go to movies?

• Show All
    • What activity, for a date, was the most fun?

• Well it’s winter so can’t do a whole lot in a small town. Anything outdoors is fun for me! Hanging out with his friends was fun!

• It all depends on the woman’s interest. Some prefer the movies while others would rather go out to dinner or have a coffee. I’d recommend choosing simple so you two could talk and get to know each other better

0|0
    0|0
  • Once settled I like movies but not a great place to get to know each other coffee is good can talk and see if there's anything without alcohol interference

0|0
    0|0
  • personally, I think movies will be a great first date! But if you're still unsure, just ask her what she wants to do I think it really depends on the girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I don't really know the details, but all I can tell you is that you appear to be a little bit selfish, so my advice to you is just be genuine and sweet. you don't need 100 roses and expensive gifts on the first day. just simple little gestures count too.

• and by simple gestures, i mean like holding the door, letting her wear your sweater if it's cold, just complimenting how she looks etc.. all those classic, simple stuff are honestly all we're looking for.

• You should get to know them first. Dinner or coffee is a better choice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like that idea. I'd like to watch a movie and then walk around and discuss it!

0|0
    0|0
    • I think that is perfect... movie then talk about it... over churros... are you a professional Photographer?

• Being in the dark with a stranger on your side. Grea, great idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • No bad idea. You can't get to know each other during a movie

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, going to watch movies is not a good idea cause there you cannot talk a lot and that is what a girl wants of a first date

0|0
    0|0
  • i would rather go to a movie bc that would mean we would have to talk

0|0
    0|0
  • Never for a first date!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Human Centipede 1 - 3

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather talk, on a first date,

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • no it’s too quiet

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the above are good :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think hiking, something outdoor would be cool. Movie dates are cool, but usually barely barely get to talk because they’re watching the movie. And people will shush you when you talk in theaters. At least my experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything but the movies just because you’re trying to get to know the person. Instead of stressing out about where to put your hand or if he/she wants to make a move, just go do something that is more fun and will help you establish whether or not you actually like the person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes