My girlfriend didn't take the pill for 9 days?

So my girlfriend has been taking birth control pills. This January she took her last pill on the 27th, after that she forgot to buy the next pack. Her period started on February 1st, pretty much ending today. I got the new pack for her today, basically she missed 4 days before her period and the 5 days of her period, total 9 days.

How should she start the new pack? Does she have to wait until the first day of her next period?

Or can she start today and dont do the seven day pause when she finishes this pack.

I've heard she can begin the next Sunday after her period, so it would be this Sunday, but im not sure.

Girls do you know?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Well the "pills she missed burning her period don't count because those are just sugar pills. The ones they give you during your period have no hormones they are only there to help you keep the pattern of taking a pill everyday so they don't really count. That being said if she's already missed a few days I would use extra protection (condom) for this whole month because it can take up to one cycle (one month) for the pill to work properly if you haven't taken it for a while or are just starting. I'm sure her body is still use to it but I wouldn't take any chances just in case unless you want a surprise in 9 months. I don't take the pill, I've tried it in the past but I didn't like the side effects and I'm terrible and keeping a schedule like taking a pill everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask the doctor, and use another form of birth control for 30 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's ok if she starts Sunday, but always consult a doctor

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes