My girlfriend didn't take the pill for 9 days?

So my girlfriend has been taking birth control pills. This January she took her last pill on the 27th, after that she forgot to buy the next pack. Her period started on February 1st, pretty much ending today. I got the new pack for her today, basically she missed 4 days before her period and the 5 days of her period, total 9 days.

How should she start the new pack? Does she have to wait until the first day of her next period?

Or can she start today and dont do the seven day pause when she finishes this pack.

I've heard she can begin the next Sunday after her period, so it would be this Sunday, but im not sure.

Girls do you know?

3