How should I handle this girl?

In one of my college classes I sit next to a girl who I knew from another class last semester. Recently I had the misfortune of sneezing on her by accident for which I apologized profusely. Thing is, while leaving class that day I joked that "I guess I've lost my chance with you" and made an exaggeratedly worried face when I said it. It seems she must have taken it seriously anyway because after the following class she gave me a serious look and said "you haven't lost your chance with me" while handing me a note card with her phone number on it. When I showed up to class again the week after I noticed she was wearing a shirt that showed a much larger portion of her cleavage which was unusual for the kind of straight-laced nerdy girl that she is. That and she smiled less and was not as talkative.
I feel guilty not giving this girl a chance, party because I feel like I encouraged it, and partly because we're both on the less attractive side. At the same time I find her boring. I'm not looking for a young adult model, but her looks do little for me. And yet I'm a pretty desperate guy and feel tempted to go with the first person that comes along in hopes that those emotional longings will be silenced. I've invested so much mental energy into developing friendships with girls that I feel are worthy of loving without success, and now I've basically been given an invitation. A girl whose interest I don't have to fight for.

I can't see myself with this girl. I wish I could just have something temporary with her. To see what it's like. To have that experience for the first time in my life. How do I keep from hurting her? Should I just go and explain myself now? Am I being stupid? :(
How should I handle this girl?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd explain to her you aren't looking for anything serious , but if you guys want to try things out and have some fun, there's no harm in that. As long as you are honest about how you feel. She might be down for that.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks. I'll try that.

• Just give her a chance, you can't say she's boring if you haven't even been around her outside of class. Ask her out for a drink or to a move. If you have a good time presue it if not then don't. You're making it way bigger than it is.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate to say this but this is way too long

0|2
    0|0
    • I suspected such. I should probably just try to solve my own problems. Dang it, I sure would like a couple tall glasses of substance abuse right now.

Recommended myTakes