How do I kindly get someone to leave me alone?

So there was someone that seemed cool on their online profile and then they wanted to talk on the phone and I find I am super bored every time and there are no sparks and they are kind of in their own world, so no connection and it's unlikely that there ever will be. I don't want to be a jerk but I also don't want to have to go along with someone I don't like. I have the same problem with someone else and I told them maybe I would be interested and gave my number because I didn't know how to say no. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You have no obligation to give your number, period. You can tell them that you don't want to do whatever, or that sorry, but you're not interested. Say it kindly, and it should be no problem.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just tell him that you don't feel like it is going any where and that you are not interested. It's online dating for crying out loud. Don't be mean. Just be honest

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes just saying "fuck it" and being completely honest that you don't have space for them in your life

0|0
    0|0
  • Off handedly mention another guy, and make him seem really interested, even if that guy isn't real.

A smart guy will take a hint and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gently push them off a cliff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell them things aren't working out

0|0
    0|0
  • Just say "please leave me alone"

0|0
    0|0
    • But I feel like such a mean person when they've not done anything wrong, and feel like it's kind of my own fault for getting into these situations to start with.

• Show All
    • Anytime

Recommended myTakes