Have you ever used the "you deserve better" line to break up?

Have you ever used that line to break up, did you really mean you think the other person deserves better than you can give? Why did you think you couldn't try harder or do better? Did you still have feelings for that person who you thought deserved better but let them go? Or did you use it as an excuse to make yourself feel better? Did you think it was really you that deserved better?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. They really deserved better. I was focused on sex and it was forced as hell. I wasn't interested, and people kept telling me I could do better and so could she.. but the worst part was that I believed them. Leading to distrust, anxiety and distancing. The worst part is that in fact she did do better ofterwards.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think the person feels maybe as though they know they aren't good enough for the person,

or feels as though they aren't putting in as much effort but likes them enough to say that they should get better

they could also be feeling bad and say that as to loosen up the pain?

• Thanks for the mho😊