How to not feel bad for being single my whole life?

I just turned 18 and I’ve never dated anyone. People around me have all dated, or hooked up at least. I’ve just been a loner 🙂 My last relationship was in second grade, & I don’t think that counts. I’m not ugly, I’m just socially awkward and I feel like that’s to blame. I don’t think anyone who dated me would accept my social anxiety/awkwardness & I just feel bad about it sometimes. I know I’m not going to be alone for the rest of my life but for now I just feel odd

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a certain degree of social awkwardness myself. Personally, I'd date a girl who is insecure or somewhat awkward. The point is, there will be guys who will accept your perks, or have the same perks as you.

Well, you're still young, and I assume you are going off to college soon. Have a fresh start, and see how things work at your new environment.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Being 18 and single with little to no relationship experience isn't a big deal. Lots of people have, are and will be in your shoes. This stuff happens in your own time. Stop your whining and focus on things that actually matter

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I was the same and thought the same thing until the loneliness got to much to bare. So I went out and tried, failed then tried again and found my fiancee whom I have a son with now. Life doesn't just happen, get out there and it'll be okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you want to share your life with somebody and it makes you sad not be able to do so. In this case you must not date anyone, you just need one or two firneds. If you feel more safe you can have them as online friends as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're only 18, you've plenty of time to find someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • I found that making friends online and getting a job where I work with people helped me with that social awkwardness phase.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. When you are afraid and don't let people try... you ain't having luck any time soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be patient. Your life haven't even started properly.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes