"We can still be friends" line after break up, is it ever genuine?

The guy I was seeing used the I still want to be friends line on me and I know it's usually just a line to soften the blow of breaking up but he's still contacting me and making effort to "be friends" what do you think that means? Still has feelings? No one ever really wants to be friends it just doesn't work.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people say that to lesson the hurt of the breakup. But it's not possible to remain friends with an ex if there's still a lot of hurt or love.

The only way two exes could stay friends is if both have moved on from the hurt , and romantic feelings had faded completely

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not true at all. I have several X girlfriends who have stayed friends after break ups. It really just comes down to how you feel about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • How good a friend did you stay though?

• Well some longer and better than others but like talked texted hung out all the typical friend stuff for years

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Depends. I've wrong a girl and after while we started seeing eachother again as friends but our private moments we more. We was happy but I wanted us to go public but she refused so we end. "We were happy." I should've left it at that. The one that got away because I wanted more. I was selfish. From a man's perspective. Hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never found it to be true, eventually someone gets left out in the cold & the other person goes to their real friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a selfish way to keep the other person on the hook, meaning they're still available for future needs

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm still friends with most of my exs... So yeah, some times it is genuine. Can't say about everyone though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well when me and my girlfriend broke up we were happy to stay friends, so it can be genuine. Altho the friendship only lasted a few months.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a girl said the same thing to me. I said yes but ignored her messages

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time, it's just a line.

0|0
    0|0
  • Genuine yes, probable no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope