Does texting show you care in a relationship?

• Hell yes
    Vote A
  • No, people have lives.
    Vote B
  • As long as we communicate once a day, I'm good.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your age and the context. Texting is fine for "Honey, can you pick up a gallon of milk on the way home?" but it is horribly inappropriate for confessing to a girl that I have fallen in love with her. As a daily reminder that I am thinking about her ("Good morning, cutie! I hope you have a great day!") it is nice but I would rather get an actual phone call every 2-3 days rather than a daily text.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what they are texting and are they communicating in other ways too. If it's just mindless babble, it doesn't seem like caring to me. But if it's thoughtful things they want to share through text, that is caring. On the other hand not texting doesn't indicate that they don't care either.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Communication is important, but doesn't show you care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I swear girls are OBSESSED with a guy’s texting habits. It’s simple: if he likes you, he’ll text you; if he doesn’t, he won’t. And yeah, we all get busy sometimes, but we make time for the people that matter to us. So if hours go by and you’ve heard nothing, you’re not the one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Text is fine, but I've always preferred face-to-face contact, at a minimum voice when talking to others (regardless of whether I am attracted to them or not).

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate 'em! People get annoyed if you don't answer in five minutes flat, but if you ring someone and they don't answer, then it doesn't seem to be a problem, people assume your're in a meeting or driving or on another line and you'll call them back! IMHO it's there to tell your other half to pick up a pint of milk on your way home, or to message someone to say thank you, or get well soon. It's not a primary form of communication, it's an 'add on' . Oh and I've got 'man thumbs' so yes I'm biased!

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If the person who never texts you is always using their phone then yes. They have no excuse. If they have a job and y'all are living together there's no reason to have to text you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't at all.
    And constantly texting as some do can become annoying very quickly as it looks needy.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I purposely refuse to text because I dont want to come across as clingy. if I text less then it means I like you and if I text a lot then we are just friends.

0|0
    0|0
    • For real? That's interesting :o

• Show All
    • Oh, we've been out, few times, almost half of them were from my initiation. I also do start conversations. That's why I was thinking maybe he's lost interest cause it's not like I wasn't making any moves or showing my interest etc.

• @Monalisamaryangela hot and cold could mean he's falling in love.

• Texting, posting, or the use of social media, or trying to express a meaningful opinion in 288, formerly 144 characters, should NEVER be a substitute for real, face to face communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofc it does. It means that you are on his mind pretty often. But again, if he dont text often it doesn't mean that he dont think about you, maybe he is just busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it shows someone is needy and can't do anything independently

0|1
    0|0
  • text and tell the girl that you more than love her but only if you mean what you are saying dont play mind games with a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a hard and fast rule if you love someone you can feel that person without any barrier or any mode of communication so disagree.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its everyday or almost everyday for a quite a bit sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you love someone don't Text, talk on the phone. :O)

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. However, if the person isn't texting that doesn't mean they don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, other than that the relationship would be meaningless because there is no communication

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps but not a reliable sign of ones cares and concerns

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure.. my last experience broke up because of lack of intimacy and care while texting

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess no one loved each other until the 1990s.

1|1
    0|0
  • Once a day is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, people have lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's a fail, for a lot of reasons.

0|0
    0|0
    • But all the guys I have dated have always texted me everyday, all day. This new guy is differing from that pattern, doesn't that show he doesn't care?

• Not necessarily. Any particular guy may not be as text-saavy as you or others.
      The problem with texting is you get no emotion and zero body language, so you miss out on at least half of what's being communicated. Which leads to misunderstanding and confusion, and then questions like this.
      Until you establish a relationship with him I would only use it to arrange your next meet up IRL. You'll get a LOT more out of it.

• Thank you! I always try to see different perspectives, but it doesn't always occur to me that people I date could be different from me, so thank you for enlightening me on the topic. Maybe I'll ask him out!

• It depends on the dynamic of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes it shows that i care.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes kind of

0|0
    0|0
  • i would be screwed for refuse to text

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the texts

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything shows care.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, people have lives.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, people have lives

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea always

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s an interesting choice of screen name.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't

0|0
    0|0
  • With texting we can manipulate girls

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is, and it works if you and your partner have a mutual understanding. Honestly, I don't like talking on the phone. I think it's an annoying way to communicate. I work all day, I'm on the phone a lot at work, when I get home, I just want to relax or go to the gym/spa. How can I relax or handle my after work business if I have to talk to you on the phone after. I prefer texting. I don't have to respond to you immediately, and if I don't respond right away, you know I'm busy. I text my girlfriend throughout the week and then we spend Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday together.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ohhh.. the weekend girlfriend. Do you have another one for mid-week? Like one to do the laundry, cooking and cooking.. or do you just call this one mum? Lol 😂

• Show All
    • Just saying it would be ideal! 😉

• Why did I wink? That wasn’t supposed to be a wink!

• yes, but not as much as phone calls

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes