Is vegetarianism a good or bad thing to you when dating, and why?

On the passed few dates I've been on, women have asked me "you're not a vegetarian, are you?" In this really condescending voice. Luckily for them; I'm not, but that got me wondering; how many people consider something like that bad, and if they do: why they think it's bad.

So, what do YOU think?
  • Yes, for me that would be a bad thing (explain)
  • No, That would not bother me
  • That would be a good thing for me (explain)
    Vote C
  • I'm a veggie predator, but I'm strangely sensitive to this issue
    Vote D

2314

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm vegan so I'd rather be with another person who doesn't eat meat however I don't see eating meat as a deal-breaker. My boyfriend of over a year eats meat but he's not ignorant and he puts effort into eating less meat and when we eventually live together, he'll give it up for me (unless we're eating out and he really wants it I guess). However I wouldn't be able to put up with a meat eater who can't respect me or respect facts

• I totally agree! But be careful about the word "fact."

• Fact as in proven and there's evidence, not "I saw this headline so it must be true"

• I am sure that you are only bringing up scientific research. I am just letting you know though, that even those things can be misleading.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as she didn't complain as I sat down at dinner to my giant juicy piece of steak it could work.