Why people use lame excuse to shut other people down instead of telling the truth?

Guy said he wanted to be stable at first and we dated for a while till I brought up the serious talk and he said he is too busy and is not looking for a relationship, I mean for real? Should I I ask for a better explanation about why he is not interested any more?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know you. Thus this is NOT concerning you personally.

But in a girl my priorities are: intelligence, kindness and knowledge.
    Should I tell a girl "You're a dumb bitch lacking elementary knowledge."
    How would THAT feel? (Even if said in a very soft way?)

The guy you met has his priorities and he decided you weren't the person he's looking for.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah but I actually prefer being told the truth bc I am more of a person who likes to hear other people's advice and see if there is anything I can improve. I am just mad bc I wasted all those time and he won't even give me an actual reason and leave me wondering , am I not good enough or does he just want sex

• "not good enough " is only not being the person he's looking for.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe stop taking men seriously, and use them how they use you. The problem is, there little ego get bruised and then they try to ruin your life when you don't want them.

1|0
    0|0
    • He is gonna be an asshole any way I don't want to take revenge on other innocent men though. But I think I should not take men's words too serious.

• Well, men are not exactly innocent, they are predatory.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Perhaps he slowly learned he dident like you and just dodent know how to srep away from the relationship. People say they want honesty in relationships but would you really enjoy your leaving partner to tell you he finds you unatractive or shallow or uninteligent or annoying to be around?

1|0
    0|0
    • that's not a concern bc I chose him over some other guys and he knew it, we re both in graduate school , and I am not ugly or annoying or shallow, basically. Even if he tells the truth it won't be too hurtful because I am a pretty good girl and there is not too much too bad things to say to me. I just have the feeling it may be bc I am not wild in sex and he always tries hard to be creative.

• You may state your not those things but he may have that opinion about your self but someone else can see you from a whole other angle

• People almost always take the "easy way" out. The don't like awkward, uncomfortable or being put on the spot. You can ask him for a better explanation, but you're not likely going to get one. I'd just forget about him and move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because its hard to be honest and it might not happen as you wish but if you lie you still can manipulate the situation and if you lie you get wheat you want

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope... he knew he had no intention of getting serious from the get go.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they aren't skilled enough for telling it straightforward.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because it's comfortable and you don't need to do more explaning

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people hate hearing the truth

1|1
    0|0
  • The truth is he only wants pussy

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes