If you knew you're SO was cheating on you, why would you stay in the relationship?

There's a girl I know who has a very nice boyfriend but her best guy friend has a huge crush on her. She lets her friend do pretty much anything he wants to her and sometimes she even intiates it. I've even heard them talk about having sex as a "birthday gift" for her friend. Her boyfriend is fully aware and has been for months but he hasn't even talked to her about it. Is it just me or is that really strange?

521

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it possible he enjoys it. Some people get off on their s/o screwing other guys. But more likely, he's just afraid of being alone. Based on your age this is probably one of his first lovers and he probably finds in more convenient to stage with a cheating girl, than cause a stir and possibly lose his girlfriend and best friend. When you're young you haven't experienced a lot and you tend to think you'll never love anything as passionately as you do in that moment, and nothing will ever love you back as much either.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only reasons I can think of explaining why someone’s would stay is that they have low self esteem and think they can’t get anyone else. Maybe they’re scared of being alone and like the company that a relationship provides. Or, the cheater has something material that the other person wants/needs. Say, when you have women married to rich men that they know cheat on them often.