Help need advice! midlife crisis at 25?

Im a 25 year old... and completely lost... I've lost friends... now i just have one friend i party with. I dont know how to make friends at this age... its different and hard so i kinda just accepted im going to end up alone...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally understand your dilemma. Last year, my wife of 12 years divorced me and as soon as everything was over my social life completely disappeared. My biggest issue now is between my insane work schedule and trying to spend what little free time I do have away from work with my kids I have absolutely zero time to spend trying to develop a social/personal connection with new people. I do, however, keep myself open to the possibility of potentially making a random connection. I just don't know when or where that would take place, but I am hopeful.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• ahah i'm going to be 25 soon. feel old as shit. partying is sort of lame at this point. venues/events/bars in which adults attend are more my style at least. i do mixed martial arts and met a lot of friends through that. if you're a girl at 25, and just party all the time, i'd pass right away tbh. just sounds juvenile. what do you do for work? have you tried dating apps like bumble? have you tried a hobby like crossfit or something?

0|1
    0|0
  • At ever stage in our lives, we go through changes and people either leave, die, drift away, get to together, break up, etc. The thing to remember is that no matter what, you are still the same unique, wonderful person you always were. Its a fact of life that things change. The best thing I can tell you is to take as much time as you need to piece yourself back together and don't be afraid. You've made friends before, you can make them again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I can say I'm 22 never had a decent job, never had a car, was socially stunted by overprotective but loveing parents, to the point I don, t know how to be an adult. Homeschooled every grade but 2nd, with adhd maybe avoiding personality disorder. Ptsd from child hood neglect pre adoption. Never dated, can, t stand interpersonal relationships or socializing. Even though I long for friends fear keeps me back. It goes deep.

0|0
    0|0
    • So I can understand how it feels. But I'm fixing things 1 small step at a time, get a licence, a better job, etc. Do the baby steps to a better you and you can change the picture.

• lmfao you got every excuse in the world dude. stop feeling bad forself and just go out and do something. holy shit if i went to a doctor and told them all the shit i've been through and the thoughts i sometimes have then they'd prly tell me i have shit wrong with me too.

• Lol, thanks man, I can take it too seriously sometimes.

• Its not a mid life crisis ffs... ur just out on a limb. Join a club or night classss gym local society such as photography club or running club... u make friends by getting off ur arse n actually do something

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard because people have things that keep them busy in time and mind.
    I'm kind of in the same situation. But, as long as you're out there, you still get to meet people

0|0
    0|0
  • You will not... you'll find someone for you.. there is someone for everyone one of us out there... we just need to have patience and not keep a very high standard for who we are looking

0|0
    0|0
  • Get some new hobbies like learning guitar, voilen, singing, dancing, piano lessons or try gym or jog you need more options?

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a new hobby; take yoga or classes to meet people

0|0
    0|0
  • Well maybe talk to co workers go to a club. Never to late to make friends. Its hard if you dont try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find people who share the same hobbies/interests. What are you interested in?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going though the same thing at 36 so go online chat rooms

0|0
    0|0
  • 25 is old

0|0
    0|0
  • Relax its not a crisis yo

0|0
    0|0
  • You have plenty of time, things will change