Should I have moved on?

My best friend of 4 years and then girlfriend for just a few months tragically passed away back in October. I was/still am devastated, and not sure what to do with my life. A lot of my friends ask me why I'm not dating anyone right now (they didn't know about her) and it's kind of hard to just say my girlfriend passed away. I feel alone all of the time and i feel like I want to move on so I can connect with someone again but just the thought of it feels so wrong and disrespectful, and I wouldn't want to put all of that baggage on someone else. I'm desperate for the human connection that I had only with her but it feels like I'm spitting on her grave just thinking about it. Should I move on and try to find someone else for the sake of my sanity or would that be wrong? How would you feel dating someone who recently lost someone so close? I want to give wound more time to heal but it honestly hasn't been improving much at this point and I've been turning down a lot of potential dates out of respect. I've been through therapy and all that and all they said was some cheesy shit like basically "what does your heart say you should do." I'm just so confused and would appreciate some advice.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• October wasn't that far away. I think you need more time. With time the pain won't be as strong And that's when you know you're ready to move on.
    You might want to consider telling one of you're friends about her so you have someone to talk to.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, you weren’t married and she probably would want you to find happiness; thus, it’s time to turn a new leaf.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes