Why does he call me baby and babe, love bug and like every other imaginable cutesy name like everyday... but the insist that we’re just friends?

So I have known this guy for years but he had a girl... they recently split and almost a month later we were seeing each other... like technically dating, just not open about it. We went on dates, he would show up to my job with coffee, hold my hand and be affectionate in public, allowed to drive his car, sleep at each other places like every night , have deep talks etc, Even met all his friends and even family. He even suggested we get a place together. Thing is he keep saying he just wants us to be best friends and wants us to spend our future together and doesn’t want to lose that by dating... and even when his ex messages him asking if is seeing anyone new he says not really but admits I exists and tells her coyly that he had a best friend who is female and is kinda vague with even her. Thing is if he values our friendship so much then way do I always get good morning babe texts and all this special lovey treatment and it seems like he feelings and is really attracted and doesn’t just want friendship. Why does he blur this lines so much I can’t tell if I am being played or he is like shy and unsure of himself.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experience of doing the same thing, I'd say he's being unsure of himself and that fact that he's also playing otherwise he would have told his ex.