Is he looking for a serious relationship like he says?

I knew this guy from a dating app and added each other on networks, but we don't live in the same city. He says in a couple of months we can see each other on real life when he has vacations from work and says that he wants a serious relationship.
I have a gut feeling that he could still love his ex, they broke up almost 2 years ago after a long term relationship, he frequently mentions her and on a videocall when he was talking about that break up, he was clearly not feeling good speaking about it. He says he has noticed I truly have feelings for him in this few months we've been talking but I don't feel like he could fall in love with me.
When I asked him what kind of girl he looks for, only answered about the sexual part, nothing else; I've told him that if he only wants sex we can have a night stand and don't have any problem with that, but he keeps saying that he doesn't only look for it. He has asked me to know someone from my family by videocall, at least my mother but when I asked him to let me know his, he said that he only introduces his mother when he's in something special and I won't know her yet and that made me feel bad. I don't know what to think about it... I really want someone else's opinion.

01