How to lessen my regret?

I don’t like regretting because I know I can’t go back in time but I wish I just kept things the way they were in the beginning regarding me just leaving it at a simple message and going on with my life. If it was for that I know my life would’ve been completely different if I just ignored his message and I sooo regret everything right now.

I can even physically feel the difference if I didn’t pay him any attention because my life was at ease and I was at peace. Now, my emotions are everywhere and it’s just so much mess !

03