How do I get closer to my boyfriend over long distance?

My boyfriend and I will be together for 5 months tomorrow and it is hard with the distance between us. It isn’t too bad of a distance, but we are both in high school at the moment so it is hard for us to see each other often. We usually see each other once a week, maybe twice. We are in love with each other, but we both get somewhat unattached over not seeing each other and it is hurting both of us because we want to stay together, but we want to get closer. It is just hard because of distance.. any advice? That would really help! Real answers only please (: thank you!!

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing once-twice a week is pretty good haha. I was in LDR where we were 2500 km away so we could see each other maybe once per one-two months.
    It's even better to see each other that rare (once a week) than every day because you appreciate a meeting more and you are not so annoyed with your partner haha.

Okay, so what we used to do was a video call from time to time, which was much better than talking through text (too many misunderstandings). Good morning text every day.
    And also when I was leaving for two months then I made him a small paper with a text for each day. And every day he was taking one random paper so he could smile and think about us. What I wrote on the papers - some were typical romantic text like 'i love you', 'i miss you' and others where some of our funny memories like 'remind when we...'. Some of them were really fun for us and whenever he read some of them he texted me saying he laughed a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not long distance if you can see each other once week on a high school budget.