What does it mean when a guy says he's caught feelings?

I have been casually seeing this guy for awhile. I expressed my feelings for him before and his response was "I don't want you to fall for me". I accepted he wasn't in the same place as me at the time and kept seeing him because we have a great relationship. Yesterday I told him about a guy calling me. His response was that he didn't want to know when guys contacted me. I have no interest in the guy and I've told him that. Apparently it bothered him all night because I woke up to several texts including "I knew I would eventually catch feelings for you" and "I can't continue to put myself through this". I am in complete shock and haven't responded. When women say they have "caught feelings" it means love but is it the same for guys? All my previous relationships I've been able to figure out but not this one.
Just wanted to update on the situation since it's been a couple months. He did in fact have strong feelings for me which I eventually figured out on my own. He admitted on Valentine's Day that he was crazy about me but never said the L word so I left that alone. Yesterday he dropped the L word and I started bawling. Things are good between us and I can't imagine my life without this man. He's amazing!

17

Most Helpful Guy

• It might not mean "love", but it definitely means he's wanting exclusivity. It means that he has developed an emotional attachment to you and that the thought of you being with another guy is not ok. If this is a guy that you'd like to have something serious with, your time to grasp that is at hand. Be careful how willing you appear, because if he thinks he can have you to himself, without the commitment, he may change his mind.

• We have been exclusive for a long time with neither of us asking the other for it.

• We did discuss being sexually exclusive. That was the extent of it. He's super jealous over me and I called him out on it. He can't dictate who I talk to when there is no commitment.

• That's awesome! Any healthy relationship starts with a firm set of boundaries. I do want to warn that I would be careful getting involved with a "jealous" person. A little bit of jealousy is healthy, because it means the other person recognizes your value in their life. However, their is a fine line between that kind of jealous and unhealthy jealousy, driven by the others insecurities or codependencies. I have so little information about your arrangement, that I certainly would not be credible to say anything to definite about it, or him, or you, but from the little bit I do know, I'm seeing a couple red flags which is surprising for how little I actually know. I would proceeded with my head before my heart with this fellow. I hope everything works out for the best for you!

Most Helpful Girl

• He wants more with you... he’s jealous