Opinion on long distance? does it work?

410

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done this and it was a hell for me.
    I would say - it depends.
    If you two have been in short distance before and already have a stable relationship then yeah it's kind of possible.
    If you are in distance since the beginning that's a much harder thing.

It depends also on the age of you two and what are you looking for in your life now. E. g. if you both are young then it's also difficult. My ex LDR broke up with me because he wanted to make his life first and having an LDR was too heavy for him because he wanted to use his 'young life'. Not because of girls or sex but in general he wanted to focus on himself, his uni, work, and dreams.

If long distance is going to be just for a short time - e. g. some internship, or few months of work, etc. It might work.
    But if you are unsure about everything then a whole relationship is really fragile. I was living in fear every day because I couldn't know what is happening in my bf's life, when we are going to see each other next time and if we ever will.

If you can avoid LDR - do it, please.

Even tho I have to say this kind of relationship taught me really a lot. Because you know how important is a presence of the other person, not any material thing.

You might give it a try but I have to say it's difficult and it's not getting easier with a time.

For me whenever we meet and then again we have to say goodbye was very painful and full of tears days. I hope I will never have to go back to this.

Most Helpful Guy

• My lady and I have been together for close to three years, now. She is, by far, my favorite human. But our relationship has been spent longer away from each other than in the same place, and the last time I was able to see her was in July. But I have never been so sure of another person in my entire life (except my mother, 'cause she's awesome).

What it boils down to is whether you decide they are worth the wait or not. It's pretty simple to see how much a person is worth, but the choice lies with you. Similarly, that choice lies with your partner, too. Just like you have to make that choice, they have to make theirs. So on top of having confidence in your decision, be a woman that your partner can be confident in. Make clear efforts to communicate, be transparent and honest, find thing you can hold each other accountable for (like diet, exercise, habbits, etc.), And ALWAYS encourage each other and be supportive :)