Is it normal to not get as aroused from your significant other?

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and I love her to death but lately I haven't been feeling as emotional around her or sexually attracted. I still love her but is that ok? I wanna be with her forever but like an I lying to myself? Does this mean I don't love her?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Loving someone and being IN love with someone are two different things. You can still love this girl, but you can fall out of love with her. If you feel that way, maybe you should try spicing things up a bit or doing something different in your routine. Maybe go to therapy? If it doesn't work, then maybe it's time to call it quits. Why deny yourself the right to be with someone you are in love with as well as deny her the right to be with someone who is in love with her? It's not fair on both of your ends.

• I think I misspoke. I meant like I don't get all tingly butterfly feeling around her. We still have sex and we both love it and I want to have sex and all that. I'm still happy when I'm with her and what not as well but I just don't get giddy anymore. Is that just leaving the honeymoon stage?

• Yeah, you're just leaving the honeymoon stage. For some couples, the butterflies stay forever. For others, it doesn't. It doesn't mean that those who don't get them anymore are less of a happy couple.

Most Helpful Guy

• can happen. I just had no desire for my SO. The truth is, she was smothering me and it just killed my boner.