What's the difference between crushing, being in love and obsession?

hi long time no see :) this question is just out of curiosity and I would like to know more about romantic feelings despite falling in love just once xD can you elaborate please?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a very good question... I wish I had asked that when I was your age.

Crushing, "being in love" and obsession are all forms of Love. But from different levels of energy and polarities... (i know it sounds dorky lol)

ANYWAYS... we've all been here

there's that guy and girl who just walked out of starbucks... finger in his nose... and you're like "omg I think i like them" you find out they are in your class and giggle about them and develop a few feelings for them...

this is a crush... you don't ACTUALLY know anything about them BUT you want to... but a crush can crush you because sometimes you find out they are completely the opposite of what you thought,... which is why you should never sit on a crush... instead go after it and see if you can take it further... to "being in love"

being in love... is a romantic type of love, USUALLY it comes with time but you can also feel a bit of it from good vibes... like you two just connect... after talking of course. Instead of like being on a date for the hell of it... it usually comes by accident... like you go on a date to try to get to know them and notice you have a lot in common or a lot not in common tat compliments each other... but it doesn't have to be a date. it can just be talking to a person and after a while realizing you can't get them off your mind... the last girl i fell in love with was after i argued with her and we stopped talking... and then i realized that it was months later and i was STILL talking and thinking about her lol...

both the crush and "being in love" are forms of positive energy... they are good for you, they release good chemicals in your brain and body. although the crush is based a bit more on not knowing and more on instant attraction (which is good sometimes)

anyways... with obsession, you do indeed love the person BUT for a negative reason usually.. usually you love them because they fill some void in you, maybe you didn't get enough hugs or were bullied a lot or abandoned and really want a person like them to fill that gap... maybe you learned love as a child through two abusive spouses who hit each other and then developed that need for yourself, maybe you have this idea of the person that is soooo ideal and perfect in your head that you latched onto it soo hard that you "must" have it and can't let go...
    in all these cases instead of "giving" love, and energy you are now taking it, forcing the other person to give it..

and so... there you go ^^ hope that helps

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Crushing is more like an attraction to said person. The first step I’d like to think. When you’re crushing you love that person regardless of flaws.
    Crushes can change like seasons.

1|0
    0|0
    • Being in love is when you truly care about the person in question. Do you want to be with that person wether they might die over the next 5 years or they have some other (not as serious) flaw that you can get over because you believe this person is amazing and you can, or already are, spend the rest of you life with said person. You also come with an agreement to yourself that if the person of interest doesn’t like you back then you will be happy with their decision, even though this will devastate you. You should want the person you love to be happy and if it isn’t in your arms then you’ll have to, sadly and unfortunately, get over it because you respect that person.
      “If you truly love something you have to let it go” (it’s a rough rehash of that quote 😂)

• Obsession is where it gets toxic, the person with an obsession cannot let the guy they like go wether or not said person is into them. They live and breath their person of interest. Say a word against their POI and they will cut you wether metaphorically or physically is dependent on how unstable they are as a person. Usually people who have obsessions are the ones you find on the news stalking celebrities and such.

• Crush: Usually short term feelings for a peson

Obsession: Obsessive love is a hypothetical state in which one person feels an overwhelming obsessive desire to possess another person toward whom they feel a strong attraction, with an inability to accept failure or rejection.

Love: Is the most positive. Accepting flaws, caring and other positive attributes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is shared
    Crush is not knowing how the other person feels
    Obsession is smothering the other person and can be very dangerous if it get a out of hand

1|0
    0|0
  • The difference between falling in love, having a crush, and obsession is. Obsessing over someone is caused by whatever it is that you like about them you can't stop thinking about. Vs being in love is loving the person overall. Loving their personality, the way they take care of you, the way they think of you. Everything about them makes you happy. Crushing is just having sexual attraction or liking the individual for whatever it is that attracts you to them. However when we have a crush on someone it does not necessarily mean we want to be with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont know

1|0
    0|0
  • not much chemically , lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes