Proof of who you are?

Online dating is hazardous. Mental health. At least I do. You think it's wrong to ask for a video chat and or a pitcher with a gesture in it or signing something of your choosing. Do you think it's childish to do that? Or do you think you're trying to protect yourself from being hurt or scammed by someone? Or do you think it's manly to take a risk?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say it’s rude if you do it right away. You’re giving the impression you automatically assume they are lying. But, you can ask for like a contact photo. And when they say they’re doing something such as hanging with ___ pet. Be like oh cute! Can i see? And if they don’t show their face. Be like awww i don’t get to see you? Be playful with it until they’ve shown symptoms of lying about who they are. Then sure go ahead.

But there’s also many ways to find out information about people online. Such as google image search, tineye, their phone number etc

• Is exactly what I ask. And if you can figure out a different way to ask it, I would be appreciative.

I have been cat fished a few times. you do me a favor and follow this to the letter? Please send me this picture of your face and only your face With Your middle finger over your right Eye Make sure you're right middle finger is over your right eye. And make sure your rest of your face is visible. And then send me that picture.

• That’s a little too much... and with cameras some flip automatically... and you’re focusing so much on the right hand and right eye. It may look like a left hand to you... but like i said you should wait and be playful until she gives you a reason

Most Helpful Guy

• What's the prob to escape from someone who had scammed you and isn't as cool IRL as online? Just apologize, tell her you didn't expect that and leave. Well, you can pay a taxi for her to be 100% gentleman.

• No, I'm asking, do you think it's wrong to ask somebody for a video chat and or a picture with a sign or gesture in it to make sure who they are? Do you think that's wrong?

• Actually there's a goog service (search by picture), so if the picture is someone else's You'll know that. But if someone would ask such a pic from you, well it's strange, but why not? If you are paranoid about dating someone who you met online, you shouldn't ask for a pic. Just leave the person who's not the one on that pic (or 20 years older irl).