Do you prioritize girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?

• My partner
    Vote A
  • Friends
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to prioritize friends. Now that I am grown up I prioritize partner.

1|0
    0|0
    • I believe it's not necessary to prioritize relationship unless you are engaged/married. Saying from personal experience, this makes heartbreaks less painful.

• Show All
    • But @Asker... You're under 18?

• I want to know the asker's age now.

And I did say 'until you are engaged or married' so I obviously meant unless you are grown up. You didn't read it yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend because I love him and he lives far anyway so I really miss him, I like my friends especially my bestie and I wouldn't hurt them by prioritizing them over my boyfriend anyway, so I avoid to let that happen, like...
    For this Valentine's day I don't know if me and my boyfriend can meet, so I'm not making any plans with my friends to disappoint them but anyway my bestie already told me she will give me all her support in case I need, happy friends happy boyfriend 🤗
    Maybe not happy me but that's my fault...

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 65

• I have so many friends but when they get married or get a girlfriend I never see them anymore. That is really unfair and selfish really. Yes, spend time with your spouse or significant other but don't disappear completely. I shared my time between friends and girlfriends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. The person you commit to should be important, but friends were there before and will be there after if it doesn't work out. The only time a significant other should be a priority over friends is if you make a commitment for life, like marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe that your partner should be just as much of a friend as she/he is your partner. and in some cases your best friend. but even so i would try not to prioritize one over the other because certain situations call for more prioritization then others

0|0
    0|0
  • Basically who comes first. If I have plans with my partner, my friends get a no; and If I have plans with my friends my partner gets a no. but in other hand the importance of what I have to do with them or I want from them is a matter too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends first until we were married. Then wife comes first. Always.

1|2
    1|0
  • My partner of course, but I still make sure to spend time with my friends, just as I want my wife to spend time with her friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • The girlfriend has a closer relationship with you than platonic friends. Of course, there is room for both in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I also don’t break promises to anybody. So I’m not going to flake on a friend — except for life/death emergencies of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't prioritise either. If I make plans with one person then i stick with it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd prioritize girlfriend but if I made plans with friends I wouldn't cancel just because she wanted to hangout that day, unless she would have an emergency

0|0
    0|0
  • We should do both and that depends on the girlfriend if she the one you can introduce her to your friends and hang out together plus some tete a tete time once a week

1|0
    0|0
  • I generally try to keep the two collective groups equal. That meaning, I try to divide my time and energy equally between my girlfriend and all my close friends combined.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to balance them both but of course my partner is slightly more important but not by a significant amount

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had a partner it would probably be my partner, Unfortunately, because my friends are being cunts at the moment I don't prioritize anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prioritise my friends all the time. We are friends 15 years relationship and your girlfriend has a 2 week relationship. Who do you consider more?

0|0
    0|0
    • Both, because it doesn't matter how long you've known each other and putting your significant other last isn't right just because it's only been 2 weeks.

• Kind of both, like my girlfriend is close to all of my friends so its slightly her then my friends. Like I can't imagine losing any of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prioritize my family (partner kids and than other family and friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say girlfriend but now I don't have one nor do I want one. I don't even prioritize my friends now so?

0|0
    0|0
  • If I plan sth with my friends I do it, cause I don't have/ever had a girlfriend

0|1
    0|0
  • I prioritize my girlfriend, if I make plans with her I never back out or ditch her. I talk to her so much more and I prefer her more than my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prioritised my ex (when we were dating) over my friends. BIG mistake and I'm glad my friends never held that against me

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm more love oriented, so I guess my future girlfriend would be one lucky girl for getting the attention she'd be craving

0|0
    0|0
  • Your partner should always be your number 1 priority

0|0
    0|0
  • Partner. I'm not planning to make children with my friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I made the mistake of prioritizing my partner. Never again... Hopefully...

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how recent has been and what is happening

0|0
    0|0
    • I lean more towards girlfriend but she is understanding and won't expect me to not hang out with them

• Friends will always be there for you. Your partner needs you. So they come first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering I only have like maybe 2 good friends I'd say partner if I had one

0|0
    0|0
  • None of them. Who asks to choose between them doesn't exist for me anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • My partner also comes under friends list but a intimate one.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 45

• I would prioritize my partner if we were in a serious relationship and my friends if I was single. I just think it's important to have your partner's back always if you plan on sharing your life and being intimate with them.

That being said, I would never abandon my friends <3

0|1
    1|0
  • Kind of both equally, but a little more towards my best friends because after 8 years, they're still here by my side after all the guys we've been with.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me it’s friends but I’ve never been in a serious long term commitment (life long sort of thing) so I don’t know how I’d feel then. Friends are going to be there for you all the time though so...

0|0
    0|0
  • My friends are very important to me, but my relationship with my boyfriend is pretty serious at this point so he is my priority. If our relationship was more casual, friends would be more of a priority.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prioritize both because let's be honest friendships and relationships come and go and if all I did was put my boyfriend first then I would be neglecting my friends and if I put my friends first then I'd be neglecting my boyfriend. I don't believe in those sayings about putting your friends before your significant other because it's just wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends tbh. They're the ones that are always gonna be there for you. And if you breakup with your partner they are the ones that will be there for you. Friends are always there for you

3|0
    0|0
  • My man, I live with my friends, I see him less often. He gets priority.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have a partner and I don't even have friends to prioritize.
    So myself I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend has been by my side for 5 years. My friends come and go or are newer than my relationship so definitely my boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Real friends stay with me forever, my partner can go anytime

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how good the friend is and how serious I am with my partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't abandon your friends just because you have a boyfriend. If you do, then your friends won't be there for you when your boyfriend leaves.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both. I have very few and good friends who deserve all the love in the world. My parnter is my best friend and my lover at the same time. Sooo..

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend since he's the only person I have in my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boyfriend lol the beauty of friends they'll alwys be there lol

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had a partner I was in love with,
    I would prioritize them over anyone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Both about the same, but if I had to choose, I would probably go with my boyfriend a bit more

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex used to tell me to cut ties with my friends especially the guys. One day he was so furious that a guy friend of mine tagged me and called me a tomboy! They knew that he was possessive and would sometimes even tell me stuff like it's ok if you don't talk to us if things are really getting so bad. I'm glad I did otherwise, cause when my ex broke up with me and I was going through one hell of a heartbreak, it's those same guy friends who gave me so much emotional support and time.

So no. I'm not prioritizing a guy before marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to balance them out but I do see my boyfriend more than my friends

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a huge deal for me. They will always take equal priority for me. So many people abandon their friends for significant others. So many people get jealous of their SO's friends. And its silly. You can't have just one person in your life, and they all need to feel like they are important to you.
    I feel as though too often, friends are taken advantage of and taken for granted. They are left behind for a girlfriend or boyfriend, and come crawling back if it doesn't work out. Friends should not only be important when you're single.
    They are often the people you confide in the most, that get you through the hardest times, and are there for you when you need them.
    A life without a romantic partner might be disappointing. But a life without friends would be near impossible to live.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha are your really 24? Impossible without friends? Without boyfriend you can't breed,... Friends Can move far away mostly with their s/o. You cannot move far away with friends.

• Show All
    • I'm really lucky to have tons of friends. And we're all really close. And they're so important to me that I know my life would be a hundred times more difficult without them.
      And I don't want children. That isn't why I would have a significant other.

• Me and my friends are so close in fact, that 4-5 of us HAVE discussed moving places together.

• Both exist in harmony.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t prioritize one over the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • God, family, partner, friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I make them equal as possible

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how serious the relationship is.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Partner should be first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not awlays

1|0
    0|0
  • Both! 😊