Do you prioritize girlfriend/boyfriend or your friends?

• My partner
  • Friends

4666

What Guys Said 66

• Friends first until we were married. Then wife comes first. Always.

• My partner of course, but I still make sure to spend time with my friends, just as I want my wife to spend time with her friends.

• Yes but I also don’t break promises to anybody. So I’m not going to flake on a friend — except for life/death emergencies of course.

• I have so many friends but when they get married or get a girlfriend I never see them anymore. That is really unfair and selfish really. Yes, spend time with your spouse or significant other but don't disappear completely. I shared my time between friends and girlfriends.

• I used to prioritize friends. Now that I am grown up I prioritize partner.

• I believe it's not necessary to prioritize relationship unless you are engaged/married. Saying from personal experience, this makes heartbreaks less painful.

• But @Asker... You're under 18?

• I want to know the asker's age now.

And I did say 'until you are engaged or married' so I obviously meant unless you are grown up. You didn't read it yet?

• Equal balance of both is very key

• The girlfriend has a closer relationship with you than platonic friends. Of course, there is room for both in your life.

• Both. The person you commit to should be important, but friends were there before and will be there after if it doesn't work out. The only time a significant other should be a priority over friends is if you make a commitment for life, like marriage.

• I prioritize situations

• I don't prioritise either. If I make plans with one person then i stick with it.

• I believe that your partner should be just as much of a friend as she/he is your partner. and in some cases your best friend. but even so i would try not to prioritize one over the other because certain situations call for more prioritization then others

• I prioritize internet

• Bros before hoes

• I prioritize my family (partner kids and than other family and friends

• I would prioritize my girl over my friends any day

• Your friends will be there when she won't. In a case of a break up they will be there for you. Ignore your friends and you find yourself alone. Then what?

• Won't she be there when they won't? I'm vase you and your friends have a falling out and you find yourself alone. Then What? Not yo mention who can you actually have a life with (i. e. marry, have kids, and life with)

• I try to balance them both but of course my partner is slightly more important but not by a significant amount

• If I had a partner it would probably be my partner, Unfortunately, because my friends are being cunts at the moment I don't prioritize anyone.

• I'd prioritize girlfriend but if I made plans with friends I wouldn't cancel just because she wanted to hangout that day, unless she would have an emergency

• I'd say girlfriend but now I don't have one nor do I want one. I don't even prioritize my friends now so?

• I don't have any other friends so it makes it easy

• Kind of both, like my girlfriend is close to all of my friends so its slightly her then my friends. Like I can't imagine losing any of them.

• I'm more love oriented, so I guess my future girlfriend would be one lucky girl for getting the attention she'd be craving

• Me..

• I prioritise my friends all the time. We are friends 15 years relationship and your girlfriend has a 2 week relationship. Who do you consider more?

• Both, because it doesn't matter how long you've known each other and putting your significant other last isn't right just because it's only been 2 weeks.

• I generally try to keep the two collective groups equal. That meaning, I try to divide my time and energy equally between my girlfriend and all my close friends combined.

• Whoever was there the longest.

• I would prioritize a girlfriend if i had one.

• We should do both and that depends on the girlfriend if she the one you can introduce her to your friends and hang out together plus some tete a tete time once a week

• My girl

• I don't have a partner

• More from Guys
    36

What Girls Said 46

• My boyfriend because I love him and he lives far anyway so I really miss him, I like my friends especially my bestie and I wouldn't hurt them by prioritizing them over my boyfriend anyway, so I avoid to let that happen, like...
    For this Valentine's day I don't know if me and my boyfriend can meet, so I'm not making any plans with my friends to disappoint them but anyway my bestie already told me she will give me all her support in case I need, happy friends happy boyfriend 🤗
    Maybe not happy me but that's my fault...

• I would prioritize my partner if we were in a serious relationship and my friends if I was single. I just think it's important to have your partner's back always if you plan on sharing your life and being intimate with them.

That being said, I would never abandon my friends <3

• My friends are very important to me, but my relationship with my boyfriend is pretty serious at this point so he is my priority. If our relationship was more casual, friends would be more of a priority.

• My ex used to tell me to cut ties with my friends especially the guys. One day he was so furious that a guy friend of mine tagged me and called me a tomboy! They knew that he was possessive and would sometimes even tell me stuff like it's ok if you don't talk to us if things are really getting so bad. I'm glad I did otherwise, cause when my ex broke up with me and I was going through one hell of a heartbreak, it's those same guy friends who gave me so much emotional support and time.

So no. I'm not prioritizing a guy before marriage.

• Real friends stay with me forever, my partner can go anytime

• Kind of both equally, but a little more towards my best friends because after 8 years, they're still here by my side after all the guys we've been with.

• Friends tbh. They're the ones that are always gonna be there for you. And if you breakup with your partner they are the ones that will be there for you. Friends are always there for you

• To me it’s friends but I’ve never been in a serious long term commitment (life long sort of thing) so I don’t know how I’d feel then. Friends are going to be there for you all the time though so...

• My boyfriend has been by my side for 5 years. My friends come and go or are newer than my relationship so definitely my boyfriend

• I don’t prioritize one over the other.

• My man, I live with my friends, I see him less often. He gets priority.

• I make them equal as possible

• I don't have a partner and I don't even have friends to prioritize.
    So myself I guess.

• I prioritize both because let's be honest friendships and relationships come and go and if all I did was put my boyfriend first then I would be neglecting my friends and if I put my friends first then I'd be neglecting my boyfriend. I don't believe in those sayings about putting your friends before your significant other because it's just wrong.

• This is a huge deal for me. They will always take equal priority for me. So many people abandon their friends for significant others. So many people get jealous of their SO's friends. And its silly. You can't have just one person in your life, and they all need to feel like they are important to you.
    I feel as though too often, friends are taken advantage of and taken for granted. They are left behind for a girlfriend or boyfriend, and come crawling back if it doesn't work out. Friends should not only be important when you're single.
    They are often the people you confide in the most, that get you through the hardest times, and are there for you when you need them.
    A life without a romantic partner might be disappointing. But a life without friends would be near impossible to live.

• Haha are your really 24? Impossible without friends? Without boyfriend you can't breed,... Friends Can move far away mostly with their s/o. You cannot move far away with friends.

• I'm really lucky to have tons of friends. And we're all really close. And they're so important to me that I know my life would be a hundred times more difficult without them.
      And I don't want children. That isn't why I would have a significant other.

• Me and my friends are so close in fact, that 4-5 of us HAVE discussed moving places together.

• My friends

• Both exist in harmony.

• I don't believe in real friendship

• Partner should be first.

• God, family, partner, friends.

• Boyfriend lol the beauty of friends they'll alwys be there lol

• None?

• Depends on how good the friend is and how serious I am with my partner.

• Not awlays

• My friends

• I think my closest friends are more important

• My boyfriend is my bestfriend

• My boyfriend always bc he's a friend and much more

• Partner. Friends come and go. Family is forever.

• Both about the same, but if I had to choose, I would probably go with my boyfriend a bit more

• More from Girls
    16