Should I ask a guy out on a second date, even if I am the only one texting first?

Not sure if my question makes sense, but I went on a date with a guy 2 weeks ago and I thought we hit it off great. We went out for drinks and it wasn't awkward and we even made plans to see each other again. We hugged in the end and I reminded him he has my number and is always welcome tor each out.

However, since then, he hasn't texted me. I texted him first just as a quick check in and see how his week's been. He replied and then asked how mine was, which I responded back. He did not continue the conversation though. Then 2 days after, I texted him again and made an inside joke from what happened on our first date. Again, he responded but did not continue the conversation.

Before our first date, he texted me pretty consistently. Has he lost interest after the first date? Or do you think he doesn't know I am interested and I should ask him out again for lunch or something simple? Or am I really oblivious and should just move on...

915

Most Helpful Guy

• This guy sounds just like me. I don't text. I find it awkward.
    When I was trying to get my future wife to go on a second date, I could not bring myself to call her. Instead, I was hanging around her building for hours until I "accidentally" bumped into her and ask her on a date. Been happily married for over 20 years... She still can't get me. to text...

• But the guy she was with was texting her consistenly before the first date. Meaning, he doesn't have the social problem that you have, right?

Anyway, congrats on the 20 years, what a cute love story!

• It was on a different day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally my pride would’ve been so hurt the first time, I wouldn’t have even text him the second time 😅, judging from what you’re saying I feel like if he really enjoyed your date then he would have asked to see you again, or at least suggested he wanted to? I honestly don’t think there’s any excuse, it doesn’t take 2 minutes to send a Text, my boyfriend sends me an emoji when he’s too busy to talk, but it’s just so I know 🤷🏾‍♀️I think maybe you should not text him first or ask to see him again for like two weeks and if he doesn’t make effort to communicate with you in those two weeks then you know what’s up, this is a two way street don’t cross oceans for a guy who won’t even jump a puddle for you, you’re better than this boo, x

• Thank you for your comment! And you are right, I guess I'm just trying to stay in denial, haha. But yes, I'm just going to let this go and move on. Thanks again!

• Be strong, you got this 💪🏾