Have you ever forgiven someone for cheating?

Have you ever forgiven someone for cheating? If so why? Be honest here.
  • Yes
  • Hell No?

1318

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. My current boyfriend kissed a girl at a bar when we had only been dating for a few months (we've been together over two years now). I don't actually know how I decided to forgive him, because I've been cheated on before and I didn't forgive that guy. My friend was there and saw it, but she didn't have to tell me about it because he came straight out with it and apologized. We were in a LDR and couldn't solve the matter face-to-face. I was mad for a couple of days, but I decided to try to forgive, because I felt a connection between us I had never felt before and he was very sincerely remorseful. And the funny thing is, I regained trust quite fast, even if I thought I wouldn't. While our LDR continued after that, I never feared he would do it again, and he didn't. If it had been more than a kiss that would have been it. But I forgave that and I don't regret it.

• What is an LDR?

• @A-BEN
      long-distance relationship

• Your SO was brave and sincere. The main pillar upon which a relationship is built is trust. He made a mistake and went to tell you. That is brave, impressive and generous, as he probably knew that by doing so he might have lost you. To me that is a proof of love. We are all human and can make mistakes, but he assimilated his mistake and told you.

I've been cheated on several times, but never had any of the cheaters having the guts to tell me, overmore, their lies became persistent.

I have been able to forgive one of those "cheating situations", "mild" sex included in the box. I'm still with that person but trust has been compromised and it torments me from time to time. I whish she had been brave enough to tell me and apologize, like your boy did. It would have been so much easier.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah but it was after the break up, she cheated on me through our whole 9 months and I knew a few weeks in. She would stop for awhile when I confronted her (forgave her) and start again. But it was not until after we finally ended things that I forgave her. She was in love with the guy way before she met me and me coming along didn't stop that. Sadly he was a serial dater and had no interest in anything more than sex with her. I was the one being stupid in the situation and should have seen the signs sooner. I can not be mad at someone who if I'm being honest never really cared about me and never really hide it.