Have you ever forgiven someone for cheating?

Have you ever forgiven someone for cheating? If so why? Be honest here.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Hell No?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. My current boyfriend kissed a girl at a bar when we had only been dating for a few months (we've been together over two years now). I don't actually know how I decided to forgive him, because I've been cheated on before and I didn't forgive that guy. My friend was there and saw it, but she didn't have to tell me about it because he came straight out with it and apologized. We were in a LDR and couldn't solve the matter face-to-face. I was mad for a couple of days, but I decided to try to forgive, because I felt a connection between us I had never felt before and he was very sincerely remorseful. And the funny thing is, I regained trust quite fast, even if I thought I wouldn't. While our LDR continued after that, I never feared he would do it again, and he didn't. If it had been more than a kiss that would have been it. But I forgave that and I don't regret it.

0|3
    0|0
    • What is an LDR?

• @A-BEN
      long-distance relationship

• Your SO was brave and sincere. The main pillar upon which a relationship is built is trust. He made a mistake and went to tell you. That is brave, impressive and generous, as he probably knew that by doing so he might have lost you. To me that is a proof of love. We are all human and can make mistakes, but he assimilated his mistake and told you.

I've been cheated on several times, but never had any of the cheaters having the guts to tell me, overmore, their lies became persistent.

I have been able to forgive one of those "cheating situations", "mild" sex included in the box. I'm still with that person but trust has been compromised and it torments me from time to time. I whish she had been brave enough to tell me and apologize, like your boy did. It would have been so much easier.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah but it was after the break up, she cheated on me through our whole 9 months and I knew a few weeks in. She would stop for awhile when I confronted her (forgave her) and start again. But it was not until after we finally ended things that I forgave her. She was in love with the guy way before she met me and me coming along didn't stop that. Sadly he was a serial dater and had no interest in anything more than sex with her. I was the one being stupid in the situation and should have seen the signs sooner. I can not be mad at someone who if I'm being honest never really cared about me and never really hide it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Because he betrayed me. It's an unforgivable act. Once a cheater always a cheater.
    A man that respects me, has self-control, and strong moral value is the guy to be in a relationship with. Not some guy who is weak. Forgiveness is a waste of time for someone like that 9x out of 10.

1|1
    0|0
    • can't argue, this is true. I forgave because I know just by "being human" already has its flaw from the start when we came into this world into those physical bodies..

• in the end, they still cheated again so. :) Thanks Bliss.

• It's hard to respond tho this. For me, my ex cheated on me with his ex, that was how we ended... honestly, I was so bitter towards him and her for so many years. Just barely last month, he finally talked to me. I have moved on, and it would be cool if we became friends again, but I think I'll never let go of what he did to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been cheated on (atleast not as far as I know) but I highly doubt that I could forgive that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never found proof of cheating but i do know the was another girl coz i wasn't the main priority

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been cheated on, but I would never forgive a cheater

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been cheated on. Sooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • I did once. Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • He lost my trust. One year in , he is trying daily to build it up again. It will take time.

0|1
    0|0
  • hell no I didn't

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex cheated on me and I forgave him but I would never go back with him again. We remain friends because we were friends before. He lost my trust!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• This is a subjective question. It completely depends on the situation, person on both end of the stick, and where/how you grew up, the environment /people around you. I personally forgive most wrong doings, but I never forget them. Forgiveness only goes so far.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes and no. Forgive as in move on? Yes, but I did not give her a second chance. Whether not I would ever give a woman a second chance after cheating would depend on several things but with my ex, there was no possible reconciliation there.

0|2
    0|0
  • My ex cheated on me at least once. After 6 years into an almost 9 year relationship she admitted to it. She had kids and by that point I was important to them and they to me. So I stuck around for a couple more years and tried to work things out. It was never the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only time as far as I know, that I was cheated on... she got pregnant (she tried to pin it on me, but I was not around at time of the conceivement)
    But I don't think I forgave her at all due to the way she went about it more then anything really

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife has cheated during her first marriage. No big deal. She has let a friend of ours fondle her, suck her boobs, and finger her to many orgasms. I have watched them all. This is not cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no but I've never been in that situation really

0|0
    0|0
  • Because while she thought of it as "cheating", I didn't. My girlfriend came to me, and said she was having an affair with her best friend, and she felt terrible about it. "Are you unhappy about the relationship with her? Is the sex horrible? Or something else?"
    "No, nothing like that. It's just, well, I'm cheating on you, right?"
    No. love. It's not cheating if we don't have a rule against it. I don't value sexual exclusivity. If you want to have sex with another woman, or another man, go for it. Here are the rules. Always use protection. If it's going to be long term, bring them to meet me. If it stops being fun, stop doing it. And if you learn something new, share."

A week later, the two of them seduced me. A good time was had by all, and it became a regular thing with us. Eventually, her bestie found a guy not so understanding, and so it stopped. We went on to other partners, as well.

Eventually, she married me. God alone knows why... ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • When you love someone you always find a way to forgive them.

0|0
    0|0
  • My last girlfriend did that with her ex. It did not end well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

if you screen look i will not forgive your cheating ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, its called being a "pussy whipped" slave. Never again.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope, can't do it. Just can't look past it, plus the trust will never be there afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • On a game yes but the heart no!

1|1
    0|0
  • haven't been cheated on but never would forgive

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgiving is easy. Regaining the trust is impossible.
    I forgave a girl, but then my lack of trust killed it after a while

0|1
    0|0
    • Well not impossible, but really hard

• My wife had a one night stand when we first started dating (to test the waters) and then it made her realize she wanted to be with me.
    I forgave but NEVER forgot.

0|2
    0|0
    • Same shit for me...

• @Madhatter0041
      I will use my get out of jail free card at some point, but as a male, those opportunities don't arise as easily as they did for her.

Recommended myTakes