1 y

Boyfriend of a year, makes sudden statement about never getting married. How am I supposed to take that?

We were talking about my friends husband cheating on her after 17 years of marriage. All of a sudden he just said, "just to let you know, we're never getting married, but I want to stay with you forever." He has an ex wife. So I know he's probably got trauma. But at the same time, I feel like I just got rejected when I wasn't even talking about or asking to get married. And it feels like she gets to have something i can't. I want a family. Mine is broken. I can't have healthy kids due to health problems. That's the only thing I can ever have. How do I convey to him that I'm not asking to get married but that it hurt? Without being creepy...
5
1