"Guys should pay for the first date. It might seem sexist, it might seem anti-feminist, but I don't give a fuck. Guys should pay for the first date because it's the least they can do. For starters, women make, on average, 79 cents for every dollar a man makes.
That's about $10,800 less than a man a year. That's a serious chunk of change so already we're off to a bad start with this date. Next, society tells men to be men. And part of that bullshit narrative is that women are weaker than men and more helpless and men should be the providers. So you want to be part of the patriarchy and go with society? Fine. But you're buying my martinis.
On average women spend more money on clothes, makeup, hair products, perfume, shoes, lingerie, etc. We may not buy these items exclusively for the date but we spent money on them, definitely more than Sean spent on the graphic T he wore to the date, and the least he could do is compensate by buying me a few drinks. It costs more to be a woman and the emotional toll getting ready for a date takes on us is monetarily equivalent to the $12 you will spend on a cocktail. We're not asking for anything outrageous. We just want to, for once, feel a little special.
So yes, I expect him to pay for the first date. Ultimately, do what you want. I'm just saying that if a guy is too cheap to buy one night of drinks for you then he's also probably cheap in the bedroom. And that's something I want no part of.
If he doesn't pay on the first date ghost his ass and find someone who will."
- I agree with her
- I disagree with her
- I'm asexual
Most Helpful Girls
Most Helpful Guys
1. The pay discrepancy argument is bullshit.
2. The reverse argument could be made. "You want to be the independent, liberated, competent woman who doesn't NEED a man. Prove it!"
3. Ghosting someone is rude unless they were physically threatening on the first date. Star using other people's behavior as an excuse for your shitty behavior and you've proved that you have no morals, ethics, or standards - but you do have excuses.
4. Any chick that has this attitude. . . please do not even agree to the first date with me.
5. I'm a traditional guy and I expect to pay for everything, etc. Last night, my lady wanted to pay for dinner. She has much more money than I do (hint: she drives a 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 and lives in a very nice condo at the beach) but I think she just wanted to feel like she was not being taken care of. We talked about it for a minute, told her it wasn't necessary, but she could do that if it made her feel more comfortable. . . so she did.9
- Show AllShow Less
yeah, if she keeps that attitude, she's gonna stay single for her whole life, and then complain, that there are no good guys anymore, lol1