Do you think people who are prettier have it easier to find a partner?

Well sure they have 'more options', but doesn't make it harder to chose and more selective?
I don't consider myself as 'prettier than anyone' but I've noticed it's actually harder. A lot of people only see the looks and don't really care about the personality part.
I feel like there are more stereotypes around 'hot' people: 'huge egos', 'fuckboys', 'not smart', ...

What do you think?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No harder
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys hate to hear this.. but there are a number of very attractive women at my job. I cannot tell you how hard some of them have it. The only thing I can make of it is guys are too intimidated to ask them out. One woman I know, that is perhaps the most attractive of the group, she was in a funk for a long time. She told me she had not been hit on or had a guy approach her in over a year at that time. It was amazing to me as most of our clientele has a "thing" for her.

Another issue I see is that they tend to have more jealousy in their relationships. Their guys are always in fear some better dude is going to sweep in and take her away. So they get really overprotective and weird. It usually doesn't last..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion it is easier for good looking people to attract someone, but that's how far it goes. Many people tell me I'm really pretty and whatnot, so I'm going with that for the sake of sharing my experience. The only guys who hit on me are fuckboys or men in their 30's-40's who don't care whether they get rejected or not. Additionally, my boyfriend when we met for the first time thought that I was a self-absorbed bitch. So yeah, overall I think it's equally as difficult to find someone, whether you are ugly or pretty, but get across different problems.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Actually, I think it is easier because people are more likely to notice you and to give you the time of day. It doesn't automatically mean you'll land the guy or girl you want, but it helps to get their attention focused on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like an ''rich men problems' to me, yes it's much harder for ugly people. :)

tvtropes.org/.../ScrewTheRulesImBeautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say that (and it's a shocker!) attractive individuals have a higher chance to find a mate.
    Turning that mate into a permanent partner is, I'd say, for them no easier or more difficult than for anyone else.

0|1
    0|0
  • To further expand on my yes answer. Firstly it gives you a greater amout off people to choose from. As more pepole deem you sexualy atracctive, one of the most comon means to light a spark for a relationship. But then again people who are generally deemed to be more attractive tend to be more selectI've compared to their less attractive peers. So i general it comes down to how picky you are. Also cofidence and charisma ( the most important probably)

0|0
    0|0
  • More options, but that can make it harder to separate the wheat from the chaff, to use an antique term.

I worked with a VGL guy who used to get tired of being approached by women. Yes, I know that is hard for some guys to get their mind around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely easier... Being an ugly person most people won't even consider dating me. A prettier person may get a lot of dicks who just want you for your body, but you have a lot more options... You just need to pick better!!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a double-edged sword. I think they are more likely to find a partner, but it doesn't mean it's easy. A pretty girl will definitely attract more attention, but that also means more unwanted attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, I'm ugly af nd have dated 6 girls in less than 4 years.. None of them were success but as far as "finding" goes, No I don't think so

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought yes was the obvious answer at first but as I thought about it... I think its probably pretty close. Just different.

0|0
    0|0
  • So there is like the "Golden Ratio" which is how balanced and proportional a face actually is can determine how attractive someone can be. But a lot comes down to subjective individual preference. Take the same face and body and style it in different ways, you will get different reactions because of preference in partners. I suppose having lots of options would be nice, but keep i have often heard girls say that as much as they would want to fuck a guy, they wouldn't wnant to actually be with him permanently. Just having sex and actually wanting to "settle down" come from different parts of the brain. My limbic system wants a lot of things. Thank God I have a prefrontal cortex to think things through ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

0|0
    0|0
  • To have a good relationship it's difficult since the majority of guys who approach them just want sex

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easier to find a partner but it's harder to find someone who really cares about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can always disfigure yourself if you feel like trying the alternative lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is the sky blue?

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's SO MUCH HARDER
    I consider myself good looking and a 9/10
    None of the girls i've been in a relationship with loved me for my personality, they all dumped me cuz i didn't wanna give them sex
    Looking hot is never good...

0|0
    0|0
  • omfg , i dont understand those people who say its easier, ITS NOT! ! ! Im very athletic for 17years old guy (soon 17yo) and im really pretty (no im not gay and i dont think im prettiest but in other hand im thinking that im ) and girls only stare at me and probably think that i have girlfriend and never approach me. Its just sooo stupid and i think i will stay forever alone :(((

0|0
    0|1
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• I don't think so. A lot of guys just want to chase them but don't want to settle down with them and marry them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easier to attract people sure.., but i think getting into a relationship is no easier or harder.

0|1
    0|0
  • No because you then become a target for being used and thrown out like garbage, you're viewed as stupid because "you can't be both". Everyone on every side of every spectrum has difficulties of their own kind. No side is easier than the other, that's just life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Harder. People get intimidated by your fine looks, they won't even bother trying asking you out for the fear of rejection or coz you have other options and they won't stand a chance... Or maybe your options only want to date you because you're pretty and will be like a trophy to them. But not as a potential partner for life. Sad but this holds true to some...

1|0
    0|1
    • If you asked them you are guaranteed to get the man. Its easier. Its not like beautiful women want ugly men approaching them anyway.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may find a guy attractive and someone else might not. I do not consider myself pretty and I do have a hard time with relationships but that may not have anything to do with my looks though.

0|0
    0|1
    • There is a bit of bs. If you ugly you ugly if you beautiful you are beautiful. They will always be a threshold.

• Lol thanks I'm trying to be positive ๐Ÿ˜‹ I think I'm unattractive so I guess that's why I don't date.

• Lol you dont date because you think you unattractive. all you need is 1 online dating profile then guys will flock to you. Unlike me who has no choice but to be alone.

• guys always think I am dating someone, unless they get into conversations with me, they can never really believe I am single lol... they are like hell no,,, I should have asked you out but I def thought you were with him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah they find out too late you're single when they are already in the friendzone

• I think average looking people have it easier while for ugly and pretty it's harder (at least for serious relationship) for ons and all pretty people have it better.

0|0
    0|0
  • some people only go out with people they think r pretty but thats not a tru relationship. it should depend on the persons personality

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not hard to find a partner. It's just hard to find a genuine partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definetely easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's harder

0|0
    0|0
  • Easier

0|0
    0|0
  • I have noticed a lot of single good looking people, some in their thirties who have been single for years. And I stopped being surprised by this.
    Most people are not very confident, and a lot of us have self-esteem issues, and don't dare to approach to beautiful people. I get very nervous around them and get very self-conscious, regardless of their gender. Even my friends are average looking, I have trouble talking to pretty guys and girls, they make feel very uncomfortable. And I am not the only one.
    I also noticed guys approach me more then to much better looking girls around me, and I am below average looking. I guess we are less intimidating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Finding a bf/gf & finding a long lasting partner, there's a difference.

Finding a bf/gf - Suuuper easy. Cause your looks will draw them in fast.
    Find a lng lasting partner - super difficult, because like you said, they usually are the wrong people who at first only cared for your looks.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes