1 y

Having a "fictional" partner. Pathetic?

Basically, I'm in a relationship with a "fictional" partner, and the reason for me to use quotation marks is because even if that person doesn't actually exist, it doesn't mean that nobody can get attached to him/her. If you don't understand how it works, I'll give you a brief rundown. It's actually pretty similar to what a normal relationship would look like. We talk, celebrate different events (birthdays for example), and help each other out. Now some people might find it hard to understand how you can help someone that doesn't exist. Very simply put, it's completely different for me because of how I see it (imagination). I don't deny that she doesn't exist, claiming that "she's real". She is literally my drive when it comes to anything that requires it and I couldn't do half the things I do if it weren't for her. For those wondering, I do not wish for a real relationship, and I also don't wish for her to be real. In my eyes she is perfection, which in the real world, as we all know, is not a thing. There are many reasons as to why I don't want to be with a "real" person. People might think that I'm just lazy / irresponsible / unable to get a real partner. I won't say that they are all fully incorrect, but there are more factors that play into why I don't wish for it. Now if you've noticed or not, I am not planning on changing this and am merely interested in what you think about these kinds of things. I will try to reply to your questions.
Having a "fictional" partner. Pathetic?
Add Opinion