1 y

How direct are you? Do you like people being direct with you?

I've noticed a bunch of questions on G@G about what someone means when they say something, or what their intentions might be if they do certain things or behave a certain way. Like "What does it mean when he looks at me (in a certain way)?" or "What did he say when he said (something in a conversation or text)?"

I honestly don't know how to answer that questions. I can suggest possible motivations, but I wouldn't know what someone is thinking exactly. This leads me to an important philosophy: The direct approach is best. That dictates that one should be very clear with their intensions instead of trying to imply things and expect others to understand the meaning behind something in their own; That's how misunderstandings and miscommunications happen.

This also means that if a spouse, significant other, love interest, or crush says something that is unclear to you, you should ask them directly what they really meant. For example, instead of asking G@G what a guy or gal meant by a specific phase, just all them politely and directly: "I'm sorry, I don't understand. What did you mean by 'XYZ'?"

Personally, I order that people be very direct, or even blunt. I get supremely annoyed when people aren't direct with me, it just dance around something instead of telling me directly. I also like to be very forward. For example: If someone has bad breath, I tell them right away, but I also advise them on how to take care of it. I make sure I do that confidentially though.

I understand that many aren't very direct because they have social anxiety it are just too shy. Could that explain the line of thought behind the questions I mentioned above?

Anyway, here are some poll choices to answer the title question:
I'm very direct, and I like for people to be direct with me.
I'm rarely direct, but I like for people to be direct with me.
I'm very direct, but I don't care if people aren't direct with me.
Vote C
I'm rarely direct, and I prefer that people not be too blunt with me.
Vote D
GirlGuy
8
2