1 y

Grown man on dating site acting like a kid, why?

Alright, let's see. A man wrote to me on a dating sites some days ago. It's a dating site where you have to pay to write to someone, so I though people would take it a bit more serious than on free sites. We've been chatting a bit back and forth. He has not been very personal in his conversations, it was more practical stuff (asked a lot about my work, school, previous work...) and the fact that he wants a family was mentioned a lot. He also said he's afraid to meet women and let down his guard.

Right from the start something seemed off about him. Not in a creepy way, just weird. But anyway, today he wrote and said he wants to take me out on a date. I asked him about when and got this reply "oh hihi :) :) :) :) ". Like what the h*ll's that? I didn't answer it and so a few hours later he wrote "nice :) " and that's it. Nothing that even resembles an answer to my question.

I mean this is a grown man, 33 years old, acting like he's 10. He wrote so much in his presentation about wanting something serious, how he never wished to be single at this age and how he really wants a family. Well, now I understand why he's single, if this is how he keeps acting. I'm not going to continue talking to or meet up with him, I'm no longer intersted so it's not an issue. I guess I'm just curious about what he's thinking? What he could possibly mean by this? Anyone had similar experiences?
2
2