Nerdy Girls? Yes or No?

Would you rather have a nerdy significant other who knows how to play D&D? Someone who has hundreds of Magic The Gathering cards and knows how to use them? One that likes to watch anime in Japanese and read manga? One that can sit next to you and game on her PC cause she has a steam library full of games?

Or would you rather have someone who detests all of those things and absolutely hates them? She would rather you quit playing your dumb games and spend quality time with her.
  • Nerdy
    Vote A
  • Not Nerdy
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have loved to have had a girlfriend with any or all of those interests. I have a mix of interests, some are nerdy and some are not, so it would actually be good to have a nerdy girlfriend for the nerdy ones.

For guys, a nerdy girlfriend who shares your interests is great because you spend more time with her doing stuff you both like (so you avoid having to compromise on some stuff) , plus she can hang out with you when your equally nerdy friends are around, meaning you don't get complaints about having them over or going to their place and doing nerdy things that exclude her or she wishes to exclude herself from. Win-win for guys with nerdy interests.
    I say hooray for nerdy girls...

0|0
    0|0
    • Couldn't agree more ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I also agree, the only issue I found is that a lot of the nerdy girls dont take the best care of their bodies (the same goes for guys). I've found many girls that have similar interests but i simply wasn't physically attracted to them to continue to pursue it

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• You know i really like it when girls are nerdy it means i dont have to adjust the way i talk and we would always have stuff to talk about so its a hell yeah from me

1|0
    0|0
  • I love D&D, watch subbed anime (sometimes) and read manga. Sounds great. Doing those activities with someone is spending quality time with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • A Sepiosexual is a person who is sexually attracted to the intelligence in other's. Nerdy Girls are intelligent. Some do and some don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm... It's definitly gigantic plus (as I am RPG player/GM and I played MtG for years) so as long as it goes in pair with me feeling something to her? Yeah, without second thoughts :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if a girl absolutely hated those things it would be a turn off and liking them is definitely a turn on, but not necessary. So yeah, I like a nerdy girl :)

0|0
    0|0
  • A nice mix would probably be the best for me. But I certainly would not mind having a girlfriend that I could play with, without feeling like it's a thing she does just because I do it. (Which was the case with me ex)

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, I thought nerdy meant intelligent. If playing a card game, and watching anime means youโ€™re a nerd, then geez! I wonโ€™t go for that.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's not nerdy. (Likes science fiction and technology.)

That's geeky. (Likes magic and D&D.)

I would date nerdy.
    I likely would not date geeky but might.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think you need to recheck you definitions. Those are completely inaccurate.

• Show All
    • To be fair, most word definitions predate all of our births. That doesn't mean we don't know the meaning of the words. The dictionary is a wonderful resource.

• Glad to see you went to the OED!

Kudos you nerd/geek/dweeb! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, you get your nerd/geek/dweebs in two different flavors (usually):
      Type 1. Those who prefer (real) science fiction (such as hard science fiction) over fantasy. These people are usually employed in STEM fields.
      Type 2. Those who embrace fantasy (like D&D and GoT) more. These people may also be in STEM fields but are also likely to be in non-STEM fields.

Anyway, I prefer Type 1 but would date Type 2 but I won't do D&D with her. Playing D&D was an hour from my life in 1981 that I cannot get back.

• As a nerd myself, why wouldn't I want a woman I can share my hobbies with?

0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part nerdy is cute or even sexy. But the watching anime in Japanese is a little over kill

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to Find a SO with similair interests. If you have nerdy/geeky interests it's only Natural tot Find a SO with nerdy/geeky interests

0|0
    0|0
  • I like nerdy girls because we tend to have a lot in common, but you have to be careful with serious gamers. A lot of the time, they lack ambition outside video games and aren't very responsible--which is especially problematic if they aren't even good enough at the one thing they pour themselves into to make a living out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I love video games, anime, and manga, and although I haven't played D&D it sounds like a blast, but she's gotta have a life outside of those things. She's gotta have a job that pays well enough for her to support herself and pay her share of the rent, and there would be times that I wanted to go out, and I'd need a girl that was willing to join me every now and then.

0|0
    0|0
  • As an active person I won't like it, I'd like my partner to be more social, do outdoorsy stuff and spend quality time

0|0
    0|0
  • I can go for someone who is slightly nerdy but someone who make it their life is a no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I admire the intelligence, but maybe not so much their cultural interests

0|0
    0|0
  • Just D&D or p&p in general? Regardless I prefer nerdy girls, since we would then share hobbys and have therefor activitys we can do together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nerdy AALL THHEE WAAYYY, and nerdy tends to be kinky... . hehe

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she's hot, she can be a psycho for all I care...

Jk, idc

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, nerdy girls are cool because they are SMART! Biggest sexual turn on by the way

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be awesome to have a girlfriend that i can be myself with.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• Liking Anime and Manga doesn't make you nerdy lol maybe a geeky fan girl but not a nerd

0|1
    0|1
  • Anime is great

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes