Would you continue to date someone your friends didn't like?

• Yes, they don't have to date my partner
  • I'd take it into consideration but make my own decision
  • I'd question why they didn't like my partner and make a decision based off that
    Vote C
  • I'd finish the relationship, the opinion of my friends matters the most and they have my best interest at heart
    Vote D

5743

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok like I love my friends and they love me so obviously they have my best intentions at heart. They usually tell me if they don't like a guy that I try to get involved with right off the bat, and I know that they know that I obviously actually care about him. They aren't just saying things, because they know I will be upset if they tell me they don't approve of someone that I like. Because of this, I will listen to what they have to say and try to push my feelings aside when dealing with my rational thoughts about my partner. It's very hard, but it's something that needs to be done to avoid heartbreak later.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on their reason, I can think of three right now.
    1. They are worried that they'll lose you. In 1956, the Four Aces sang, “Wedding bells are breaking up that old gang of mine,” lamenting the loss of lifelong friendships as we grow to adulthood. The easiest way to change this one is to reassure them that you'll still spend time with them.
    2. They’re afraid she’ll hurt you. Maybe the blinders of love don’t let you see her for who she really is. It could be her reputation, the way she treats you in front of them, or just that feeling that she isn’t good enough for you. Some girls are really sweet with the man they love but treat everyone else with bitterness. A good thing to do is to talk to them about why they are afraid of her hurting you.
    3. They are just don't get along. If your they annoys your other friends, you might just have to keep them apart and lead two separate lives. That’s far from ideal. Talk to your partner and share your concerns. Ask them if they can tone down some of their offensive or annoying habits, so you can enjoy life with all of your loved ones together.

With any of these, change is inevitable and eventually people drift apart. Best thing to do is to try not to burn bridges with your friends and always try hard to bring the worlds you love together peacefully.