Would you continue to date someone your friends didn't like?

Would you continue to date someone your friends didn't like?

• Yes, they don't have to date my partner
    Vote A
  • I'd take it into consideration but make my own decision
    Vote B
  • I'd question why they didn't like my partner and make a decision based off that
    Vote C
  • I'd finish the relationship, the opinion of my friends matters the most and they have my best interest at heart
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok like I love my friends and they love me so obviously they have my best intentions at heart. They usually tell me if they don't like a guy that I try to get involved with right off the bat, and I know that they know that I obviously actually care about him. They aren't just saying things, because they know I will be upset if they tell me they don't approve of someone that I like. Because of this, I will listen to what they have to say and try to push my feelings aside when dealing with my rational thoughts about my partner. It's very hard, but it's something that needs to be done to avoid heartbreak later.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on their reason, I can think of three right now.
    1. They are worried that they'll lose you. In 1956, the Four Aces sang, “Wedding bells are breaking up that old gang of mine,” lamenting the loss of lifelong friendships as we grow to adulthood. The easiest way to change this one is to reassure them that you'll still spend time with them.
    2. They’re afraid she’ll hurt you. Maybe the blinders of love don’t let you see her for who she really is. It could be her reputation, the way she treats you in front of them, or just that feeling that she isn’t good enough for you. Some girls are really sweet with the man they love but treat everyone else with bitterness. A good thing to do is to talk to them about why they are afraid of her hurting you.
    3. They are just don't get along. If your they annoys your other friends, you might just have to keep them apart and lead two separate lives. That’s far from ideal. Talk to your partner and share your concerns. Ask them if they can tone down some of their offensive or annoying habits, so you can enjoy life with all of your loved ones together.

With any of these, change is inevitable and eventually people drift apart. Best thing to do is to try not to burn bridges with your friends and always try hard to bring the worlds you love together peacefully.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 56

• If my friends don't like him = I'll be with him
    If my family don't like him = I'll stay with him
    If my relatives don't like him = I'll stay with him 🤗😊😘
    It doesn't matter their opinion when the one who date him is me and I love him 😍😍😍

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would but I’d be disappointed

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not, depending on why... I mean, if they tell me he is weird, I will believe them because I’ve seen time after time girls saying “oh, he isn’t that way when we are alone” and each time they got hurt. So... yeah, if they tell me he is weird, I’d believe them...

0|1
    1|0
  • I don't really know because I wouldn't date just for the sake of 'dating' and as they say, love is blind so I don't really know if I would actually break up with the guy just because my friends don't like him
    On the other hand my friends won't say anything to me about him, that I'm damn sure 😂 OfC they would tell me if cheating is involved but other than that they wouldn't say anything just because they dislike the person

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. My friends and family aren't in the relationship with this guy, I am. I do take their opinions to heart but it's not me, them and the guy in a relationship, it's me and him. It would suck they felt that way but they would either have to get over it or play nice when we come around.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd talk to my friends to see why they don't like him because sometimes you can be blinded when you're into someone. After talking to them I'd analyse the situation and then decide.

2|1
    0|0
  • It'd depend on why they didn't like my friend. If they had a valid reason, I would reconsider my relationship. If they just didn't trust him or didn't like how he looked, I wouldn't end the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • My friends know me and are good judges of character so no I wouldn't I'd break it up. They don't do petty shit like "spending any time not with us = bad" if there were really giant red flags I somehow missed and they pointed them out I'd probably be like "oh shit u right"

0|0
    0|0
    • I may have worded this weird but I would end a relationship if my friends thought something was wrong.

• I did it once and it was a big mistake. My friends disliked him because they sensed that something was off... and they kept right. I was too blind of love to notice what a jerk he was.
    If six people say that someone is not good for you, he most likely indeed isn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason why. If they simply don't vibe together (for example my current boyfriend and friends have nothing in common so they find nothing to talk about), I don't mind but if they dont like him because he's a dick then I'd leave.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had an ex I thought was sweet... friends warned me about him and said he wasn't good. I didn't listen and they were right about how wrong he was for me

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I would date him even if my friends and family didn't like him, because it's my life and not theirs. Choosing someone to love and choosing a career, should be based on your own preference and your own likes and dislikes of a person according to your maturity of what you think a relationship entails. It has nothing to do with choosing someone just to please someone else, that's like an arranged marriage stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • People continue to date someone their parents don't like, and you are talking about friends.

0|1
    0|0
    • Start singing the Ram Leela song in Hindi which means, "Ram wants leela, leela wants Ram, what work does the world have in their love story, they have a simple rule, bullet for hate, wink for love."

Or the line from Mashallah song from Tiger- "jalta hai jal jaye pighal jaye zamaana, mein usey aur woh mujhse bas itna fasaana."

Or the line from Tukur Tukur,
      Duniya jalti hai to jale
      Duniya jalti hai to jale
      Raat bhar zalima ke sang naache balma

and I am still mentally sane... just in case if anyone wonders

• Yes, I would, honestly if your friend was your friend they'd still be happy as long as you're happy they may not like them not now or ever but as long as you're happy so should they that's true friendship

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't think much of my friend's opinion unless they saw something like my partner being a mean person, abusing an animal, cheating on... that type of stuff.
    If they just didn't like him, oh well. I would just hang out with them seperately.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friends can eat my ass. I'll date whoever I want.

0|4
    0|0
  • Most of these kinds of “friends” are jealous and want you to be single them them. I’ve had this happen to me before

0|1
    0|0
  • It's always good to hear what other people think bc they have a different perspective than u especially when u r so biased. Either way it's ur decision they have to respect so why not listen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. My friends are my friends. But my love life is off limits to them unless I need them to get involved when I need their advice. Same as me to their relationships. It's called mutual respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • C. I've never had a partner that my friends didn't like, so I'd want to know why they feel different about this guy.

0|2
    0|0
  • If this ever happens to me I would ask my friends about it and maybe then I would make a decision. Bsc there opinions matter too

1|1
    0|0
  • years ago, I took my friends advices. In the end, they went on to date him. I say yes, your friends may be looking out for their best interests not yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't be dating if you need your friend approval.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd make my own decision. But I'd be damned if I didn't hear them out about why they think he's an ass.

0|1
    0|0
  • most of women would but smart ones decide for themselves and find a good guy. it ain't that hard. also manytimes gfs are jealous and want a guy for themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. If they have any objection against him, I would verify it by myself if needed but I won't just listen to them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I already have before. I really should not have. Bad idea. All the way around.

0|1
    0|0
  • If my friends know my guy more than me than I'm shook.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. If my best friend or like one of my sisters didn't like him, then I would consider their opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Because I've had friends not like my boyfriends in the past just because they didn't like his humor or how quiet he was.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 42

• Oh wait I misread. Woops. I mean that if your friends can't respect the person you love then they should screw off. This is a person that makes you happy, and your friend should be happy for you and support you

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably C.
    If it turned out that they knew my partner was a murderer that would obviously influence my decision XD
    If they just didn't really like their personality then I wouldn't care too much so long as they could both be cordial.

0|1
    0|0
  • Friends are great and can be a comfort in times of need, friends can also be your worst enemy even thought they may have your best interest in mind.

You can connect with someone that your friends do not like, and that person is the perfect match for you. Only a fool would give up personal happiness, and make themselves miserable to make other happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would make my own decision. However, I would take their opinions into account. My friends and I are all very similar people and if they don't like someone, they must have some reason, so I would have to look into it. Maybe they're seeing something that I'm not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would depend on the reason. Dated a heavy girl that some of my friends at the gym didn't like-because she was heavy. Would make wisecracks. In that instance, I found new friends. But, another time I was dating someone and every friend could name someone that she slept with. So, I ended it. Too embarrassing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd absolutely take their opinion to consideration and would appreciate honesty, but I would make the decision on my own.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would, but if my friends came to me and explained that there is something wrong, I might break up because I am convinced that people around you see the things you can't (because you are in love)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather decide for myself rather than complicating things by involving third parties in my two-way affair.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.
    I'm not letting people that aren't me affect some of the gravest choices in my life, that is delusional.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love can sometimes blind you... so an outside opinion provides a refreshing perspective and helps you see things differently

0|1
    0|0
  • It could depend on why they don't like her. That they just dislike her is not enough of a reason by itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I highly value the opinions of my close friends. If they truly thought something was wrong, I would probably proceed with caution.

0|0
    0|0
  • There must be som valid reason..
    If difference is about like/dislike, don't worry. Else evaluate.

Compatibility between u 2 is imp than between ur friends n..

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the reason why they dont Like it.
    And when There is no real one i would Finish the friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • Your real friends want the best for you so i would consider why they disagree with my choice

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they don't have to date my partner but i would want know why they didn't like her. Than make the decision on my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, easily, I could see my partner and my friends separately, not like they ever have to see each other

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend dated some one and all our friends got vibes from her we later found out that she's a snake

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my friend's reason on why they hate my partner

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends, do they have a good reason why, I should not be with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd finish the relationship, the opinion of my friends matters the most and they have my best interest at heart

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i would, after all, in the end, all friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anybody

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd see why my friends hate her and then I'd make my decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be nice if they approved but I’m still the one dating them

0|0
    0|0
  • They have no say Ill listen but if its out of hate no..

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know any a$$holes so I don't see this happening, ever..

0|0
    0|0
  • are you friends in control of your life
    that the question you should ask

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what kind of people my "friends" were

0|2
    0|0
  • Sort of a mix between A-C.

0|1
    0|0
  • bros before hoes and chicks before dicks!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes