Should the past be forgotten?

I'm in a relationship with someone who can't let go of the fact that he is not my first. I had a boyfriend before him and it bothers him for some reason.
Should he just move on or is he right for making me feel bad about it?

427

Most Helpful Guy

• The more boyfriends you have, the less desirable you will be. Maybe just cut your losses and try to make it work with this one? If he dislikes promiscuity he could make a good husband... a guy likes it when you only think of him when you think of romance and sex, not that 'other guy' who's penis was inside you before him. This may be a biological mechanism to ensure you aren't raising somebody else's kid and therefore wasting resources not propagating your genes. In any case, it's not wrong that he feels this way, the question is, can he get over it and move forward with you? Can you admit that your first relationship was a mistake or are you one of those 'its all meant to be' types? True there is a lesson in everything, but some aren't the best value in terms of what teachings should cost. Less penises, more prospects, remember that

Most Helpful Girl

• I never got that. He can't let go of what exactly? Of the fact that you weren't locked up in your castle sitting by the window day and night waiting for him to come?