How far would you travel for a first date?

What's the furthest distance you'd travel for a first date -either in miles or hours?

How far would you travel for a first date?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I REALLY thought it could work, and the travel was worth it, and that she'd be willing to travel to my area... probably an hour. Say 25-35 miles.

Right now, 25-30 miles is kind of a rule of thumb for driving. It's really far (for me, anyway); I would have to figure that I would try to be in that area for over 2 hours to "make up" for the time on the road; if I'm going an hour or two away, and it ends up being a 30 minute date, or she just doesn't show, I'd be more ticked off. So I try to stay in some area for at LEAST the amount of time it took to get there; if not the time It'd take to get there AND back.

Other things figure in, though, like road conditions, weather, time, etc...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A few years ago a guy flew from Australia to the Eastern US for a date... that lasted for a week... probably not considered a date but it was fun.

I'm not sure how far I would drive for a date if I were to ever date again. Dating can be such a pain in the butt.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• An hour puts me in either of the two nearest major cities. Any further than that and its too inconvenient to see eachother regularly (around work and such) so you might as well just say screw it and have a long distance relationship.
    I have travelled 3 hours for a date once... Relationship lasted about 4 years. :p

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends who it was and how well I knew them. It could be a first date but a long time friend. If its someone I am just meeting then maybe like 10 miles at the most. If its a really good friend and I feel we are clicking like a thousand miles maybe. If its my biggest crush I'd beat the shit out of a million guys and crawl on nails for 100,000 miles just for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I travelled 12000km (14 hours of flight +2 hours exchange) so basically the opposite side of the globe. So for me no distance limit i guess :)

0|1
    0|0
  • There is this really special girl in Chicago. I would get on a plane and go see her in a heartbeat, and will as soon as she is ready.

2|0
    0|0
  • Hour and a half - two, being outside the city means I basically have to drive half to an hour to get anywhere

0|0
    0|0
  • I could do hour or maybe even hour and a half in transit

0|0
    0|0
  • I've gone 2 hrs before. And it was a horrible date too! LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • A maximum of an hour. If itโ€™s a special event such as a baseball game, 3 hours

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how crazy am i when i wake up in the morning.

0|0
    0|0
  • A couple hours, if I knew I would have a place to stay.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 hours at most. I want to be able to drive back home that day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two hours and it was worth it great time and still friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever distance my wallet can cover easily.

0|1
    0|0
  • Around the world. ๐Ÿ˜

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the quality of the prospect.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd walk a thousand miles just to see you smile

0|0
    0|0
  • as much as i can

0|0
    0|0
  • no more than 15 minutes

0|0
    0|0
  • No one just smash on spot

0|0
    1|0
  • I'd expect us to be local

0|0
    0|0
  • A 2 minute walk

0|0
    0|0
    • very convenient to date your neighbor

• @sheflips hahaha. I'm a student I'm not wasting money and time on expensive transport especially on something that most probably won't work out. Don't really do dates anyway

• If sex were assured. 3 hours, otherwise an hour

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 mile

0|0
    0|0
  • 30-45 mins depending on traffic

0|0
    0|0
  • 1-2 hours drive

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I guess I'd go as far as it takes if I feel they're worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • 30 minutes to 40 minutes , assuming any transport. Like taking the express train without having to change bunch of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Local unless you don't want to accidentally see people you know

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends how much you already know of them..

0|1
    0|0
  • 50 miles

0|0
    0|0
  • I traveled to a different state
    WA to tn

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 hours

0|0
    0|0