When's the last time you were flat-out rejected?

How did you handle it?When's the last time you were flat-out rejected??

2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• This was in high school prom. I only talked to this girl for academical purposes but I liked her for a long time. I asked her out, the obvious rejection. It really hurt. It was my first time as well.

Part me said why? Other part of me just wanted to cry out. I went to school the next day. She was a popular girl so as you can expect every single person in my year knew about it. It made it even worse. I could barely face anyone. I stopped giving shit about anyone. My friends supported me and and said "if your not having a date, we are all going single". That made my hopes up. All 10 of us went into prom with no dates. The whole year expected our group to have dates since we are all some kind of leaders. Form captain, sports captain, basketball captain etc. Then a party after wards with a lot of booze solved everything.

I haven't talked to this in years now but I still remember her birthday.

0|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My track record for approaching people with that kind of intent is abysmal. I've asked out one person in my entire life.

I don't know if it counts, but during a high school dance, I asked this guy to dance with me. He said, "sure, let me put my drink down", then promptly beelined out of the room, and never came back.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 144

• It's been a really long time- 2000? Anyway, I've never been too bothered by that, even when I was a teenager.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it was in May by a girl I was talking to for a few weeks and she seemed interested in me. When we met up in person, I wasn’t trying anything forward because I really liked her vibe and persona but she all of a sudden she said she wasn’t interested anymore

1|1
    0|0
  • 3 years ago.
    Took her out for her birthday. Got her a Nikon camera (she did photography)
    Took her to the mountains and let her test out the camera. Took her to dinner dropped her off at home.
    Tried to hug her and she shoved me and walked away.
    Shit happens. doesn't even bother me.

1|0
    0|1
    • What a bitch, she could you tell you she wasn't interested.

• Show All
    • Not as rude as pretending and ruining your life after marriage and children.
      I'll take that shove with ease.

• You should have taken the gift back. How rude of her

• Today’s morning, i asked a girl about the location of a meeting room and she said “I’m not interested” bitch i wasn’t flirting. I was rejected without trying to flirt with the girl.

Anyway i went for a Burger King to calm my nerves with a double wapper.

1|2
    0|0
  • OK that's a good question already , I got rejected at so many times I actually can't remember the no. Ok to get over that you need to know why you got rejected already if it's because who you are , or your expectations may be , or may be because your way of thinking whatever the reason after knowing it you will be able to move on and get over it

1|1
    0|0
  • 30th of December 2009 and how did I handle it? Pretty badly on the inside and acted pretty calm and okay on the outside. Hung out the entire New Years Eve in the same group as her, because I had to cancel my own party..

1|0
    0|0
  • Hasn´t happened in many years. I think last time was 10 years ago and I took it pretty well. It was a minor crush and she didn´t feel the same way. Felt disappointed for a day, but quickly bounced back :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too long ago, but it's something I'm used to. Not in a sad way, and not that I fall in love all the time. I just like to be honest about how I feel from the start, so when I'm sure about my interest, I usually say that I'm interested and would like to explore our relationship futher. This is because im not afraid of rejection. I just want to know or move on. No time wasted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never have been rejected, as I have never experienced any sort of relationship nor attempted to get in any kind of relationship in my life. Luckily I'm considered unattractive so I don't have to be confronted about this, but rejection overall is just a sign that you should improve upon where you've gone wrong in certain areas including yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • A month ago after meeting for a drink after work. She had a better offer with someone else and was just checking to see if I was a better option. Obviously I was not. I was fine with it since the objective is to find the right person for each other. I might get discouraged if I go used car shopping for the day and don't see something I really like, but I won't stop looking

0|0
    0|0
  • When I wanted to casually talk to a girl who I got to know in a sports course, then I casually talked to her in the canteen at college, then a year later we met again at a party and i tried talking to her even though i was drunk (for the same reason) and weeks after that she was like "who are you" and reacted kinda overwhelmed when I approached her

1|0
    0|0
  • That would be last Valentines day, went to meet my crush and I had hidden a chocolate box. I was in a low state of mind but managed to go anyway. Ended up crying in my bathroom eating the chocolates :/ haven’t talked to a girl since that

0|3
    0|0
    • I feel bad for you bro. on Valentine's day I asked a girl out but she said she was sick and then two days went by and then even today I'm still being ghosted. i feel your pain

• Show All
    • The weirdest part is that she dm's me talking about how she is single and shit and this happens. The worst part is that she started following me on every social media app I had but all I know is that she fucked up. When I start winning at life she is not going to enter it.

• When I was in 8th grade
    I almost got rejected by my parents as their son for failing all the exams
    Then when I was in 10th grade I was rejected by my crush
    When I finished 12th grade, I got rejected for my college application for which I had to spend 12 years

What I learnt from all this is that I should always be in the position of rejecting someone...(position of power/authority) and never have to kneel in front of anyone for anything

0|1
    0|0
  • Literally every single time I've approached someone, so a while ago now. At least a few months since I last asked someone out. I just cut my self-esteem away, made myself emotionally vacant and now I'm waiting to die.

1|0
    0|0
  • Asked a girl i knew at work 3 years ago on a date after she told me "i like guys like you" left me hanging she said she's not rdy for a relationship but she wanted the job manwhore who fked nearly half the coworkers who eventuality fked her a couple times and moved on to the next newhire. I remember being really sad bc i really liked her :<

0|0
    0|0
  • Like a couple months ago. I took it so bad lol but it was a learning experience. I went all depresso mode, hated girls for a while, but it made me see that the issue wasn't other people. It was me all along.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was rejected. But that was bizarre. That girl did not like that I even thought of telling her that I like her. She called 5-6 guys from her class to beat me up. And yeah you can make it out, what would have happened next.

0|0
    0|0
  • On a cold-approach, about a week ago or so. Just kept going, holding my L's. I haven't been too invested in women recently to be rejected propositioning them to go out with me. Maybe around 6 months ago, it's all blurry the way it went down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly can't recall. Maybe because it was a long time ago or maybe because I wouldn't hang on to such an incident anyway. Shit happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just last week. I told her not to contact me again, got drunk, and played video games while listening to my break-up mix.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was ghosted after talking to this one girl for a bit last week. It felt awful because it was Valentine's day. Long story short I went running out in the cold San Francisco weather that night to shake the depression and caught the flu.

0|0
    0|0
  • About 2 years ago. Asked a girl out at work and she straight up denied me right on the spot, no reason given.
    It was my first attempt since my ex had left me 2 years before that.

0|0
    0|0
  • About a few days ago, it's not really much to be honest. Just asked if she wanted to have a coffee and hit the arcades, she said no. Win some, lose some.

0|0
    0|0
  • A week ago. I was in a relationship with a girl. I asked her to meet and she said no in a rude manner like it's all over between us.
    Its not so easy to come out of the world that we've created ☺️

0|0
    0|0
  • Just the other day. But it was by a close friend, and it was ok. We still talk everyday and when time permits we hang out. And it's completely cool, as if it was convo we would have any day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Life hack: never get rejected by never leaving the house

1|3
    0|0
  • It happens very often, because I attempt contact very often. It's part of dating. Lots of guys are scared of it and handle it very poorly, but it's nothing, really. Plenty of fish etc :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably a few weeks ago. It was online, and I was only after sex, so it was okay. I just had a black mood for a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have read through your questions and becomes across that your hurt responds to a painful break in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • When i confessed last year. I just maintained that i approached with nothing, and left with nothing. She , on the other hand, lost someone who liked her!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 73

• My friend in high school told me to ask her friend out and like an idiot I did little did I know he was in a relationship and he told me no. He winded up marrying the girl and they have been together since 1999 since we were freshmen in high school. So I don’t feel so bad lol he wasn’t even attractive so I don’t care to be honest. I married an ex football player so I did well lol

1|0
    0|0
  • That was like 7 years ago. A guy didn't want to go to the "prom" with me. I don't usually initiate anything if I'm not quite sure of the answer.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow.. as Beautiful as you are you must be regretting it now...

• Show All
    • I really don't need a pity party. It was 7 years ago. 🤦🏼

• Show me a hot chick and I'll show you a man who's sick of her shit. Just thought that I would be the antagonist in the play.

• Maybe 4-8 weeks ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • My friend who I happened to like a little asked me out and I said “of course ☺️” and then he was like “get pranked” and that was one of my lowest lows as of late. I cried for like thirty minutes but then realized he sucks balls and isn’t worth a single one of my tears. He was barely sorry he hurt me. What a chump :/

2|1
    0|0
  • A few months back. But the one that really stuck to me was back in high school. This guy found out through his bestfriend that I had a crush on him, he then sends me a text on facebook saying he knows everything and kindly asks me if I want a chair and a rope.
    Yep he did.

1|2
    0|0
    • You should've said, "no thanks, I bought a gun. Be careful cuz accidents happen to guys" 😈

• I was 22 and I handled it really well, it even surprised the guy, like he was expecting me to be all sad and depressed or something. I only did it because I was curious if the rumors were true and was going by how he was acting and compared how he treated me and how he treated other girls. So I just asked him and he said no and I was like oh okay and moved on.

1|0
    0|0
  • December 2016 , guy I found mildly attractive was tweeting about wanting a girlfriend so I took that chance and messaged him saying I’d like to get to know him... I never got a reply and I was in college @ the time and I’m pretty sure he told his friends about it and they laughed. His loss

0|0
    0|0
  • I only shoot my shot if I’m drunk, and I am closeted chubby chaser.
    I asked this guy for a kiss and he just said no and my drunk ego didn’t give a damn, but then, after I was sobered up I was so embarrassed!
    I’m a really nice out going person but that still kills me a little smh

0|0
    0|0
  • When I 1st started dating after a failed long distance relationship a year ago. I took the rejection really well, wished the guy good luck and moved on. I'll admit that I was hurt at 1st, but I realized it feels a lot better to be rejected straight out then have people play games w/your feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually it was the day before yesterday. My friend was snapping his friend after our one night stand and the friend asked the guy I was with if he wanted me to come over. He said no. I proceeded to tell him I didn’t want him to come over either because I really didn’t enjoy the night in the slightest. So I handled it pretty well in terms of him not wanting to see me again

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm I don't know if this counts as flat out: I was talking to this guy I liked after school and after 4 months of liking him I told him and he said "sick" which apparently means he didn't like me back lol. So there's that.
    Or that time 2 years ago when I told a different guy I liked him and asked if he felt the same way. He said no.
    Or that other time...
    @txdiie_

1|0
    0|0
    • rip i never really got flat out rejections
      i guess i just sensed they didn't like me or i heard they didn't
      i don't recall anyone telling me to the face (besides my current boi)

• Weirdly enough, I've never asked someone out. Like, ever. So I've not been rejected in that case, but in a different case, other than relationships- it's hard to explain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too long ago.

He told me that my friend was way more attractive and I'm only "okay" with makeup on. And that my boobs were too small.

Didn't take that too well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just moved on, he was rather passive about it so I was like, alright I'll take my amazing self elsewhere.

2|1
    0|0
  • My first date ever went pretty bad. I wasn’t in to the guy at all. When I got home I was so afraid that he would ask me out again because I didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Ten minutes of being at home and I get a text from him saying “I’m really sorry but I’m not ready for a relationship. I’m very happy with where I am and I don’t see you as a potential girlfriend.” BEST TEXT EVER. I laughed so hard at that text because I would never want to be in a relationship with him... He rejected me as a potential girlfriend ❤️ love it

1|0
    0|0
  • The last time I was interested in a guy was 3 years ago. I told him how I felt and he said he felt the same. Then flipped on his feelings, told me he wasn't looking for a relationship and ended up in I don't know how many right after that. So yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been rudely rejected. Only been rejected once, when I asked a guy I had seen and spoken to several times for his number. He had a girlfriend. At least that's what he said hahaha.

0|0
    0|0
  • A year ago... It was my best friend's friend and I liked him a lot. Being an amazing idiot boy my bestie is, he went up and told him all about how I liked him.. He rejected me during the lunch break...

0|0
    0|0
  • Around 2 years ago and he came back begging. I gave him a nice lesson though 😊

1|2
    0|0
  • It was a few weeks ago. I wanted to be friends with my ex again but he refused and thought I was being pushy and "wanted too much". I felt hurt and wrote about it on FB.

0|0
    0|0
  • Last week, was painful but you need to leave to move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Years ago. I felt horrible about it for maybe a day, then I was glad that he told me the truth so I could move on instead of wondering and pondering for weeks and then give up.

0|1
    0|0
  • All the time. Just move on and keep your head up. There's plenty of people and opportunities out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • 3 months ago. I'm used to getting rejected, especially indirectly, so i just accept it and tell myself that it was expected.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol ughhhhh I didn’t? I relied on my friends took out my anger cried in bed and then after realized I was wasting time and moved on (I was 13)

0|0
    0|0
  • I smiled at me crush and he didn’t smile back... lmao. He looked upset actually but I think it’s because he thought I smiled at another guy

0|0
    0|0
  • It happened about three weeks ago. I went home and played skyrim like any other day. I am used to being rejected

0|1
    0|0
  • Two weeks ago and week before that! I was rejected by two people in less than ten days. The one that was three weeks ago was someone from tinder and I didn’t really know so I didn’t really care but more hurt in the sense that they rejected me and the other one was a guy I liked because I slept with him I got over him in a week. I get over rejection within a week or less! I’ve been rejected by everyone I’ve ever liked so I have learned to deal with it within a week. Last week I wasn’t rejected by a different guy I like in fact the person to not reject me so I feel weird about it because I’ve never had any other I’ve like actually like me back. Which scares me that I’d fuck it up 🙈

0|1
    0|0
  • 2-3 years ago and I said bye u just made a mistake🤣✌🏾

1|0
    0|0
  • I wasn't rejected flat out but I got tired of his mind games. I lost interest...

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes