How much do you trust people on dating apps?

I've been "using" dating apps for about 4 to 5 years now. I use them when I'm bored or when I want to talk to people, never purposely for dating though.

A few guys have asked me out for coffee, but I always say no because I don't trust them. I'm a very cautious person and I don't want to take any risks just in case I meet someone strange or potentially dangerous.

So what's your opinion on meeting strangers in person you met on a dating app? Do you always trust them and meet in short time, what are your experiences and just opinion in general? Am I silly for thinking this way?

729

Most Helpful Guy

• You are certainly not silly for wanting to be cautious... That is honestly being very smart. But, you will eventually have to bite the bullet and meet someone if you ever want to be in a relationship. Insist on meeting in a public place like a restaurant or mall. Don't have him pick you up the first time you meet... Meet him somewhere. And, most importantly, don't be afraid to say that you don't feel comfortable or didn't feel a connection. The real trouble starts when you lead a guy on because you were too scared to say that you didn't like him. The longer he thinks that you like him... the more difficult and scary the breakup will be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be like you. Went on those app, got compliments, a good ego boost and never had the gutts to go meet them.

But recently I've been saying yes to going in dates with a few of them! And it's great :) it is nerve racking!

If you always meet them in public and before night time, there is very little chance of danger. The worst that happens is you guys really don't hit it off in person and the date cuts short. But it's a great experience nonetheless.
    I also make sure to tell at least one of my friends the exact place and hour when I go meet someone. And I also make a friend call me about 30 minutes into the date so I can easily have an exit (by like saying my mom is suddenly in the hospital and I have to go now!).

In my opinion, there is little danger. I also think you are missing out on wonderful experiences and who knows... maybe even missing out on some awesome dude who would rock your world!

• I don't meet in short times though. If the guy asks me out after barely 5 minutes, it's always a no.
      I have to get a good vibe from them and that usually takes 3 to 7 days depending on our talking frequency.
      I ask them out sometimes to! Guys love it also :)