Would you be okay with one of your friends dating your sister/brother?

Would you be okay with one of your friends dating your sister/brother?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • I dont have a sister/brother
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• If my 21 year old guy friend was to date my 10 year old brother.. how bout nah? ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Even if my brother was old enough I still wouldn't be on board with him dating any of my friends because I would be in the middle of any argument and I like to refrain from conflict.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So that means you would join in on a 3some? Or did I get that wrong

• Show All
    • Lol that wasn't even close but yeah I get you

• Ssaokaaay dude :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If my sister was younger (and single), and of age... it'd still depend on the "friend."

If it was like a few friends - No. Just. No. But if it was like a few other friends... awesome! I have a buddy who got married, had a kid. But if he was single, and interested, and my sister was single, interested, and his age, and they wanted to date, I would think it was awesome - He's never cheated, he's usually treated girlfriends with a lot of love and respect; he's not the type to jump into bed with them, etc. So yes.

But I have a friend who has strong bipolar issues. He's done a lot of immature crap to women; I don't think he's violent, but he's not always so kind, and his issues alone, even from the moderate disrespect and cluelessness would be enough to make me very leery about the idea of them dating.

I have another friend who I've had to kind of leave behind. He claims not to do drugs (but then admits to doing a lot of weed.); he's a "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" type. A bit immature for his age. He's had substance abuse issues, been in jail for "minor stuff," but still... not that she'd be interested, even assuming she was younger and single, but while I like the guy, unless he matured a lot and in a quick amount of time, I wouldn't approve as like a boyfriend type, or as a possible future husband or father.

So... some of my friends are great guys. Very responsible, they treat women with respect and love, aren't just trying to hook up or get into a woman's pants... but some aren't such great guys. And some are ok, but aren't great for relationships with someone's sister if you'd want the best for her.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• I wish I had a friend I could hook @splashofyellow up with.

0|1
    0|0
    • Eww, no!

• Show All
    • Ouch! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

• Fair enough though. I like to think I'm a good guy, I think you're missing out not being my friend. ๐Ÿ˜€

• I don't have a brother or sister but I voted no cause I don't feel my friends are good enough for anybody that I consider to be very close to me. Most of my friends are good people but they are also broke.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, i don't know why people over react and get so betrayed and mad about something like this. I would be happy if a good guy friend i loved and trusted ended up with my sister cause at least I'd know she would be in good hands.

0|2
    0|0
    • Thats not how my friends feel. Well I have friends who isn't the best for my sister

• Show All
    • Friends **

• I dont have friends who would match her

• Might be difficult to arrange in my case.

I can't think of a sane cousin of mine who is single either so that's also out. My friends deserve better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bad idea i went with my friends brother and she called a slut when i was out a night and when we fell out she hammered me outside her house and her mum and brothers cheered her on

0|1
    0|0
  • One of my best friends since childhood dated my brother when we were in university. The relationship ended very badly, and because of that, so did a 20+ year friendship. I tried to reach out to her a few months ago, but no success.

I don't really want to go through that again!

0|1
    0|0
  • I would feel a little strange about a guy friend dating my sister. But if they were happy, thatโ€™s what would matter most.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have any siblings but I guess if I did, I wouldn't see a problem with it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends on which sister. I'd be fine if its my second sister but not if its my little sister. Too much age gap for now.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, I'd prefer it if one of them talked about the possibility of it with me first, simply so that I wouldn't feel blindsided. I don't have a say in it, but I think I deserve to know at a reasonable time because it is something that can affect me if things go bad. I don't want to end up in the middle, so I'd like to know what's happening.
    I have a friend who, out of the blue, once told me that her and my brother had been very flirty with each other. It caught me off guard and I kind of think that the way she said it was pretty insensitive.
    Otherwise I wouldn't mind my friends dating my brother, as long as I don't end up in the middle of it somehow, and as long as they don't try to keep it a secret.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I don't care much about what or who my siblings do.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldnโ€™t care. But my brothers are both gay and my friends are straight as fuck XD.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unsure it would be weird but ultimately none of my business I would be worried about the potential fallout though

0|1
    0|0
  • That would probably be annoying but I wouldn't try to stop it

0|2
    0|0
  • My brothers are so much younger than me Id be disgusted by the age gap.

0|1
    0|0
  • i would feel as if my friend is more trustworthy than a stranger

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, no problem. I fear more for his safety than my sister safety XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, just as long as he/she has genuine intentions of being with my sibling

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be fine with it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Never.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 31

• No. Eventually its going to end bad and followed by "we can't be friends anymore because you remind me of your brother or because if I interact with you, I might end up seeing him and blah blah blah".

0|1
    0|0
  • When my sister was single, MANY of my friends had a crush on her.

She was actually attracted to my best friend. I not only wouldn't mind, I would have actually *preferred* her to date him, given the rogues gallery of idiots and jackasses who were constantly hurting her yet she inexplicably fell in love with.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I got a friend of mine to be my sister's first boyfriend in high school because she was a shy bookworm and so was he.

1|2
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m not there dad as long as there happy Iโ€™m fine with it

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the circumstances.

If they wanted to make a go of it, then fine, yeah.

If it was some hook up relationship and somebody was going to get hurt, then I'd be less relaxed about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ehm, I guess it depends on how the dynamic would work. See, I'm younger and I don't really hang out with anyone that's 3-4+ years older than me (since she is, figured the guy is usually older). Other than this, it would also depend on how they would see each other. If he was coming to our house, that would make me extremely uncomfortable. If she would leave to see him, it would actually benefit me since I love being home alone. Also, I wouldn't really look forward to talking to that guy, it would just make me cringe. That's about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • My sisters are 8 and 10 years older than me so none of my friends are old enough.
    But i dated my best friends younger sister for a while and really liked her. But she ended it.

0|1
    0|0
  • if i had a sister it would be different but since i only have a brother than yes I'm completely okay with it

0|1
    0|0
  • I would prefer that one of my friends date my sister. That way I know he's a good guy. As long as he doesn't talk about things you shouldn't with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • i grew up in a small town, if i wasn't, then no one in my high school could've dated any of my sisters.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'd kill the traitor.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but no.

0|1
    0|0
    • I remember when you got mad because of my question

• I don't have any 15 year old friends.

1|1
    0|0
  • Their*

0|1
    0|0
    • Oops, I mean depends on which friend. If itโ€™s a good friend then yes.

• I wouldn't trust anyone more.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it was my sister. I'd kill him.

0|1
    0|0
  • If we were close friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Where's the option I want to have friends first?

1|1
    0|1
  • Of course

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on who's the friend

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes