Can you fall in love with someone based purely on appearance?

Or would that just be an infatuation or lust mistaken for love? I personally dont believe it is possible, but I welcome others opinions!
Can you fall in love with someone based purely on appearance??

721

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a real strong attraction when you think you ´re in love with someone based on their looks , it's just a very powerful first impression that builds in your head but real love needs communication and deep understanding of the other person's personality

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you can be attracted to appearances and think sexy thoughts about it, but I doubt you can truly fall in love with someone based on their appearance alone. The attraction wouldn't last long enough and be strong enough to turn to the falling in love mode. I've met people I thinks is a 10/10 appearance wise, but I haven't fall in love with them because I don't find the personality any interesting. Attraction is more than looks. Personality, smell, gesturing etc. affects too.

Falling in love is about the person, but appearance isn't the whole person - but just the outside.