Can you fall in love with someone based purely on appearance?

Or would that just be an infatuation or lust mistaken for love? I personally dont believe it is possible, but I welcome others opinions!
Can you fall in love with someone based purely on appearance??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a real strong attraction when you think you ´re in love with someone based on their looks , it's just a very powerful first impression that builds in your head but real love needs communication and deep understanding of the other person's personality

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you can be attracted to appearances and think sexy thoughts about it, but I doubt you can truly fall in love with someone based on their appearance alone. The attraction wouldn't last long enough and be strong enough to turn to the falling in love mode. I've met people I thinks is a 10/10 appearance wise, but I haven't fall in love with them because I don't find the personality any interesting. Attraction is more than looks. Personality, smell, gesturing etc. affects too.

Falling in love is about the person, but appearance isn't the whole person - but just the outside.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Nope, I’d have to like there personality also.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you can fall in love purely on appearance. That is mostly just infatuation or lust. Falling in love is falling for everything about the person including their personality, the way they carry themselves and even their flaws.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't believe you can actually fall in love just because of the way someone looks. In my opinion, you can think they're cute and look at them a lot because it's nice, but you can't actually fall in love with them jist because they look nice

0|0
    0|0
  • That's purely lust in my case
    And the feeling of love is way different!
    So no. Not love.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't.

0|1
    0|1
  • if you are shallow like me yaaaas

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• You could fall in love with their looks and the idea of them. A lot of people get ahead of themselves. As soon as they start talking too a pretty girl they start to build them up in their head as the perfect dream girl. I think that's how a lot of online love happens. You can't truly get to know someone through a screen, so like I said you build up an image of them

0|0
    0|0
  • If time is out of the equation, no. Infatuation will cause your attention to be held, and if it's held long enough you'll probably fall in love. But, beautiful girl walking down the street and bam! you're in love? No.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be "in love" or to have "fallen in love" IS a form of infatuation which has been studied for quite a long time. As it IS a form of infatuation... yes it is possible to fall in love with someone based purely on appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can’t find true love with just your eyes. In fact, it’s more than possible for a blind person to fall in love. You don’t need your eyes to look into their hearts, which is where true love is found.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it's lust just for looks. I have had a few women that were beautiful and wonderful people. But I find that the average woman has the best personalities.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's possible, sure if you date some one attractive you'll fall in love faster, but also will be breaking up faster, because you don't really know her/him, and neither does she/he.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know I did. It's possible.

I also don't see how one woukd mistake lust for love. Lust is obvious. Do I want to get in their pants? That's the first question that answers it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you fall in love based on your pheromones and behevioral patterns that are best siuted for your offspring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Infatuation or lust. Both of which are technically types of love, but burns out quickly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, but you can fall in "WANNAFUKKIT!" with someone based purely on appearance.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she can't give good head, her looks aren't going to matter. I am just saying over here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could when I was 12. Does that count?
    In all seriousness now, no, I need to know a person well to fall in love

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and many people do. It's best to know about them than appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it is not real love !!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes,.,

0|0
    0|0
  • no i couldn't. i choose the soul over all things

1|0
    0|0
  • Fall in lust

1|0
    0|0

• It can be attraction

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion noooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Way faster than being based purely on personality.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes