Would you feel more attracted/connected to someone who shares your style?

If you loved to dress all black, would you be more attracted or feel more sympathy for a person (potential partner) who is also dressed all black? Or if you preferred to dress some kinda hipster, would you prefer that too on someone else? Spoken in general, do you feel more sympathy/connection or attraction for someone who has the same or a similar style like you?Would you feel more attracted/connected to someone who shares your style?
Updates:
I think my questions isn´t clear to the most, because I don´t mean being superficial and liking persons only based on their style. I just wondered if someone dresses in a similar way to you, would you feel more curious for them in general? Or is the opposite the case and it seems more like boring, because it´s so similar to you

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I stick to vintage styles and retro clothing (victorian era, 1950's, 1960's etc) so I am mostly attracted to girls that dress that way (very rare though because most girls I've seen dress relaxed these days). I also have a special place in my heart for punk rock/metal girls because I grew up in that scene.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a deal breaker, but yes! Sometimes I dress generally like a female version of Milo from that Disney Atlantis movie, and other times I like to wear bohemian-styles with rich colors, paisley and florals. Sounds odd for a guy to incorporate any of these and look sane, but I've seen it done right quite a few times before (on straight guys, too) and it looks cute.

But it doesn't even have to be that specific theme/look, I just love when guys dress creatively.

1|0
    0|0
    • Saw your update; I would most definitely grow curious of them as a person, because it's not common that I'll see what I described.
      Also, even though I don't dress this way personally, but sincerely you asked, I would feel the same way about a guy who dresses in punk fashion (spikes, vintage jacket with patches and pins, Dr Martens, bright, tall Mohawks, etc); the "bad boy" concept never sold me, but instead I know that guys who dress like this put some time and thought into curating and collecting that kind of stuff; it's an art form, and I admire that.

• But since* you asked--sorry, autocorrect.

• thanks for sharing!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• For me as a biker and in a comunity where we have some rather interesting outfits I would prefer a lady simalarly dressed as this would also lead to more understanding and or sympathy when its very hot out or wet outside they would understand the ups and downs of not just our "fasion" but our lifestyle

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm a very relaxed guy so when it comes to interacting with people, I would prefer to be in company of somebody who doesn't talk 24/7. So yes, I personally prefer people that are similar to me, because I like the way I act (usually) so I'd also like to be around those kinds of people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm that’s an interesting question, I feel that it could do but maybe having too many similarities would cause you to crash? I feel that if you like them you like them whether you are completely opposite or similar

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, definitely, my style is casual and i prefer someone whose style was also casual, i don´t like tryhards too much, only if it is in the sense of internal cultivation, because i am also a tryhard in this sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The style of a person has to fit together with her/his character and look. 90% of the things I have to wear is black. If I see what my girlfriend can offer to wear it's like a rainbow and that's fine. Everybody has his/hers own style and I couldn't care less if it's the same as mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I mean dress how you feel comfortable and they will dress how they feel comfortable... if the interest is there the look shouldn't matter... if it does... then maybe the relationship is too immature...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would actually stay the heck away from any girl who dresses, behaves, or has similar beliefs as I do. I won't be comfortable dating someone who is like me even in terms of style.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear a lot of black and yes simular style \interests do help.. it depends on how much your willing to accept the person's different tastes really

2|0
    0|0
  • I have more of an attraction to girls with certain styles yes, but none of those styles mirror my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't get stuck in a rut. Especially at your age.
    Broaden your horizons, open up your possibilities.

0|0
    0|0
    • are you actaully 60? That´s cool!

• Show All
    • don´t worry. I was just interested in what society thinks about it. I´d say I have a normal style like most people, but I wondered how people with a much more individual style (like punks for example) are feeling about it.

• Consider that the more odd someone is the more insecure - they are the ones looking for some validation, attention. They can't stand on their own two feet so they need to be propped up all the time. Attention whores, validation queens - the whole social media thing is based on LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!
      Just be genuine, your own person. Do what YOU like for YOU, no one else.

• It's somethimg to talk about and that's the connection. Talking is the connection not nessarly the subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • My 30 year old girlfriend and I are total opposites the way we dress but it works for us

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date someone who just wears whatever they want. Clothes are clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ten years ago when I did all black in high school I always went for the preppy girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly? Hell yeah!

0|0
    0|0
  • No my sense of style is shit lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea man, i would lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes,.,

0|0
    0|0
  • I am, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. It wouldn't be very interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind either way

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep!

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but if your a poser it does the opposite

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course

0|0
    0|0
  • definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • We would rock it together!

0|0
    0|1
  • 50/50.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, doesn't work like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• Interesting question a girl who had similar taste in clothes or things to me would make me interested to get to know them better and see if we’re similar in other ways, but it doesn’t make me feel a connection or more sympathy at all with them more than I would with anyone else, with a guy I’d rather there dress sense was nothing like mine as I dress pretty feminine so no lol.

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't care about style. I want an attractive guy who dresses in a predictable and conservative way and I would prefer that he dresses the same way every day. I don't like it when attractive people are constantly changing their style.

0|0
    0|0
  • The guy I'm involved with doesn't have the exact same clothing style as me. I guess his dress sense did draw me as it was intriguing and visually appealing.

The only similarity I'd say is the fact that we use mainstream trends as our base, wear bold colours (at least one item), and dress sense is somewhat inspired by anime.

The difference is that my style is a mixture of the cute look, boho chic, vintage, dressy and grunge. His style is more casual and hip hop.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. I actually find many styles attractive other than my own. I think I could still be attracted to/have a connection with someone who has a different style, as long as we got along well otherwise and have other things in common.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard question, I have so many style that it's hard to respond XD
    For men I like the sporty / casual style which is also my style on some days. On others days I like to dress feminine (dress, skirt, heels) which don't match any guy style really.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as they’re not dressed in oversized, unappealing clothes (like hobo style) then I don’t care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel connected a bit on some level, but I would not be more attracted necessarily.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never really met a guy with my style so YES. I like stuff that's a little outside the box and it's honestly just kind of hard to find.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I like individuality in style, but still in a stylish manner. I like this in a partner too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Typical I go for the emo/alternative style guys. But my boyfriend is the complete opposite... like he sags his pants and wears like thug sorta shit (idk how to explain)

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not care about style therefore it won't make any difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't matter to me, as long as we care about each other. If you narrow your relationship down to what clothes you wear, isn't that a little shallow?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Don't pay it that much attention as long as he looks good in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never thought of that

0|0
    0|0
  • i am not 16 anymore. So no. Not at all.

0|0
    0|1
  • yes basically

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaas my man shares my style

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would be more attracted to them but more then likely I wouldn't have connection with them. I think it's very superficial to like someone based on how they dress and I like all different styles but I'm kinda in with the hipster scene and hipster guys I've came across are usually total douche bags.

My crush dresses very basic and nerdy e. g. hoodies and sci-fi t -shirts but he's a little bit gothic which is definitely not my scene at all but I like him for his mind and personality not for something so meaningless like style and this is coming from someone who studied fashion

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely more connected, but not necessarily more attracted to

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes